Before you

When Marco looked at Renesme, all of his rage and hatred for her family surfaced.

Even though he had every reason to kill her but was unable to, he sensed her suffering and gave her a strong hug.

"Hey do not beat yourself up, there is nothing you could have done to stop Sycada from dying, and if she was here right now, she would not blame you, Renesme."

With her mascara all over her face, Marco consoled her by holding her cheeks and dabbing her eyes.

"You do not get it, Marco; I was the one with the sword, and there was nothing I could do."

Renesme wept. She hugged unto marco and wept bitterly, Marco rubbed her head with a big lump he felt in his throat.

"Go home and get some rest; what is done is done. I am here, and tomorrow will be different, I promise.

She smiled, looking up into his eyes as he reassured her. She gave him one more minute of her embrace before running off.

Although she felt satisfied that she had made amends with Marco, she was not entirely satisfied because Jake had not spoken to her since.

When Edward arrived at her door to greet her, she sighed and he noticed a flicker of spark in her eyes.

"Night Night Dad"

Saying this, she approached her room. For Renesme, nights were the worst, but she had a sense that this evening would be special.

She was mistaken-the nightmares were dreadful. When she woke up, Bella or Edward would come running to her room and give her a hug that would bring her to her knees.

She waited, awake, as dawn broke and the night sky swept over. It was just another typical foggy Friday morning; fog obscured nearly every scene, making it impossible for the wolves and cullens to see what was going on in the forest.

Renesme made her way quickly through the mist, guided by her extraordinary sense of smell and hearing. She reached the La Push Reservation, where Jake was playing cards with his pack.

"In coming"

Leah turned to face Jake and whispered. He stood up, grinned broadly, and went over to greet her.

Renesme smiled shyly and gave Jake a tight hug, causing him to inhale deeply and feel his spine tingle.

"What brings you here, Ms. Cullen?"

As the two turned and strolled toward the seashore, Jake enquired.

"Let us just say that I am here because I dreamed about you."

The two laugh softly as she responds.

"Really, how are things going for you? There is a crazy mess at home.

" Sam and Emily left, forks isn't a place to raise a family Emily said so I'm the official alpha of the pack. Now you're here so I'm ok now"

Jake answered.

"I am happy you are here because Emily was right."
Okay, but why did not I notice your gorgeous deep set brown eyes before?

With her lips slightly parted, Renesme touched his undereye with her fingers after noticing that his eyes were dialed.

"Pardon me, I...forgot I had this to do."

With a quick motion of her fingers removed, she turned to walk away. With a sigh, Jake rubbed his hair.

"You need to stop making excuses to hide our connection, nessie. I'm not forcing you but if you come to me don't give me false hope"

Jake said. Renesme turned and left, not knowing why she did it. Although she thought Marco should know and be okay with it, she still wanted him.