❦ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ❦

Takemichi's pov

A Local Bar

As I sit at the bar, reluctantly dragged out of the house by Pah and Peh to celebrate my wedding engagement,
I can't help but feel a sense of detachment from the festivities.

Draken and Mitsuya, not big drinkers but here nonetheless to raise a glass in my honor. Kazutora and Chifuyu, their presence a mix of camaraderie and obligation.

The atmosphere is lively, laughter and chatter filling the air as drinks flow freely.

But amidst the revelry,
I find myself lost in thought, a distant observer to the celebration unfolding around me.

It's not that I'm ungrateful for their efforts to make me feel special on this occasion.

It's just that...well, it all feels so hollow, so disconnected from the reality of my situation.

How can I celebrate my impending marriage when my heart remains heavy with doubt and uncertainty?

As I raise my glass in a half-hearted toast, I can't help but wonder if they can see through the facade I've erected,
if they can sense the turmoil that churns beneath the surface.

Or perhaps they're simply content to play their part in this charade of happiness, oblivious to the storm brewing within me.

"This is just like the old days, huh?"

Mitsuya's warm voice breaks through the lively chatter of the bar, pulling me back into the present moment.

His smile is infectious, a beacon of camaraderie in the midst of our celebration.

"You're right, Mitsuya. It does
feel like the old days,"
I reply, a sense of nostalgia washing over me as memories of our youth come flooding back.

Chifuyu's laughter joins the conversation, his eyes twinkling with mirth as he recalls our favorite haunt from years past.

"Oh man, that burger
joint was the best,"
he reminisces, a grin spreading across his face.

"Remember how we used to order those massive milkshakes and see who could finish theirs first?"

The memory brings a surge of laughter and camaraderie,
a testament to the enduring bond that has carried us through the years.

Despite the passage of time and the trials we've faced, moments like these serve as a reminder of the unbreakable ties that bind us together.

As we raise our glasses in a toast to the past, I can't help but feel a profound sense of gratitude for the friendships that have stood the test of time.

In a world filled with uncertainty,
it's moments like these that remind me of the enduring power of friendship and the beauty of shared memories.

As I observe each of my friends,
their smiles and laughter painting a scene of camaraderie and celebration, I can't help but marvel at the sight before me.

It's a rare gathering, one that feels both familiar and novel at the same time, as if we've stepped into a moment suspended in time.