Olympic gold

"Don't give up! You're so close!" you groan in frustration as you get up and sip on water before skating around yet again like you had been the past two hours. Three months back you had gotten badly injured when your skates were tampered with and you had a fracture in your neck, you spent a few weeks in the hospital and wore a neck brace for the next two months before being cleared to get back on the ice where you immediately began to train for the US championship that would also be Olympic qualifications so you would definitely need to work even harder due to your injury and how much time it took to heal within the past three months and you were surprised that you were even able to train or be registered to compete in qualifications. Despite all the odds against you, you qualified in first which showed to your friends and fellow skaters that no injury would put you down or shatter your heart as you train nonstop with Charlotte's unconditional support and love that only fueled you to continue fighting and not give up especially as the last few days to the Olympics passed by until you were standing in the stadium for the last practice in the last hours before the crowd came in and cheering on your friends and watched rival skaters until the last performance of the night; you. You take a deep breath as charlotte's voice breaks through the crowd before Promises promises by Incubus began to play leading to you going into a haze as the music took control of your body from start to end until you cry tears of joy when you see that you were first, "I'm so proud of you babygirl!" you jump in charlotte's arms with the gold around your neck as the two of you share a passionate kiss before pulling away with more tears and a lump in your throat as you speak from the bottom of your heart, "Thank you for never letting me give up" the two of you celebrate the rest of the night after celebrating with your friends and coach along with a private celebration with the rest of your friends and family.