Chapter 3: Hidden

***INSTEAD OF BEING PINK IT'S AN ELECTRIC BLUE COLOR THAT MATCHES HER EYES.***
--------------------------------------------------
My breath hitches and my eyes widen in fear as they change from electric violet to electric blue and two of my teeth ache as they elongate into fangs.

Not now! I plead angrily to myself.

I can feel myself begin loosing control of the Dragon-Magic charm I put on myself to hide my odd colored hair from others by making it look black.

I feel like I'm suffocating because of how strong the impulse to drink blood is. I haven't ever done it before because my parents always told me that I had to resist it. Just like my father had.

Breathing through my mouth, I cover my nose swiftly with my right hand and wrap my other across my stomach. Acting as quickly as I can in a situation like this, I stand up and keep my eyes off of anything living.

My hearing sharpens and I can hear people's heartbeats and the blood flowing through their veins.

This is not good! I have to get out of here.

"What are you doing Erza? Sit back down!" Demands Mrs. Neilson. I act as if I hadn't heard a single word come out of her mouth and continue to walk down the isle. "Erza! You walk out that door and you can expect detention for the next two weeks!"

My second charm begins to break as I loose more control to my desperate desire for the copper tasting blood that my Vampire genes crave. The charm that hides a few other differences between me and normal people.

That's when I noticed the presence behind me. "Mrs. Neilson? I hope it's okay if she shows me to the nurses office? I have to clean this cut and bandage it and I already asked her to show me the way." He asks from behind me.

I tense when I feel a hand on my shoulder, momentarily holding me in place right in the doorway.

I hear her sigh in frustration. "Fine, but next time have anyone but her show you the way around. You don't want to end up cursed or become an outcast like her." You can hear her disgust for me in her voice. Even the humans know I don't belong anywhere. Know I'm too different to fit in.

Her words hurt me and cause anger to bubble up inside of me, making it harder not to let myself loose control and hurt someone, not to mention have a couple hundred witnesses to see what I truly am. I am shaking now, not only in anger, but in fear as well. Fear that I'll loose control and become the monster they all think I am.

His hand tightens on my shoulder before he replies calmly to her, although you can hear the underlying anger in his voice. "Thanks."

I'm surprised by how he is acting, it's normal that I'm talked about like that; as if I'm not standing there, as if I'm not worth a worried look.

I am momentarily confused when I feel his arm wrap around my shoulder and gently guide me out of the classroom. His sharp scent invelopes me and my choppy breaths become even more erratic in panic.

As soon as we are no longer in sight of those in any nearby classroom he bends down only to stand back up with an arm under my shoulders and and arm under my knees. I feel a familiar magic invelop me just before he begins running through the halls.

I squeeze my eyes shut tight against the pain I'm feeling because I'm ignoring the hunger. True hunger. I need to get outside, where there is fresh air. I'm not going to make it. I'm going to hurt someone. I promised them that I wouldn't. I mentally begin to panic, which causes me to begin having a panic attack.

My heartbeat becomes rapid, I feel like I cannot breath-as if I'm suffocating, I slowly become dizzy and my toes and hands begin to tingle with thousands of needles, I feel anxious and as if I could die at any moment. I'm scared--no, I'm terrified.

I can smell so much fresh blood.

"Shhh. It's okay. You're going to be fine." I hear calming words whispered in my ear. "You're safe. I'm taking you outside. It's okay. Shhh. We're almost there; just hold on a little longer. You can do it! You can resist it!" He says encouragingly.

***

I dart down a flight of stairs and then another before bursting through both sets of glass, maroon rimmed doors. Hearing them slam against the wall before closing I wince at the thought of having to explain any damage I may have just caused.

I look down at Erza and watch as her black hair turns a beautiful violet and blue streaked color starting from the top until it reaches the end of her hair.

She still has her eyes shut tight and I see that her ears now are longer and pointed, the way that humans have depicted some Fay ears to be and that's because actual Vampires are basically a combination of how they show Vampires and Fay.

I notice a natural tattoo like design slowly appear around her right eye as some time goes by and we get closer the the trees behind the school that mark the begining of the forest.

Most supernatural have a few tattoos, but they aren't tattoos that you get down at a tattoo parlor; you're born with them. Some supernatural gain more as the years pass bye and some don't.

Erza's silver tattoo finishes appearing and then gains an electric blue tint like her eyes.

Her panic attack has ended, although she's still shaking. But the thirst remains painfully strong.

Another tattoo, this time just in delicate black lining, appears on her forehead. The two, pointed, sides disappear into her hair line by her temples and the top point disappears in her hair line while the last one ends on the bridge of her nose.

I reach the forest, but don't stop running for fear of someone possibly wandering by.

I glance back down at her only to see a small line of blood trickle out from under hand that is covering her nose and mouth.

***

I can't let it take over. If I do, it will slowly take over my body and I don't think I will ever be able to stop hurting people, innocent people.

I peek one of my eyes open some and see that he is staring straight forward concentrating on running. Past his shoulder I can see trees flying past us.

Through the pain and pull of the hunger, I am slowly able to piece a few things together. He's not human. No human can run that fast. He knows I'm supernatural. He'll find out if I don't get away. He'll hate me to! He'll tell the Council when he realizes who I am. I don't want to be hunted down!

---------------------------------------------------
UNTIL NEXT TIME.

DAWN IS OUT!