Chapter 9

HEY YOU GUYS! GUESS WHO IS BACK AND READY TO ROLL?! THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE! XD I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS ;)
----------------------------------

I pull up the driveway to my house and park under the car shelter.

I walk to the other side of the car and grab the groceries in the brown paper bags from the passenger seat.

I make my way up the hot sidewalk, the sun beating down on me, making me walk faster.

Walking through the large wooden door, I feel as if I am being watched. I turn and look around, trying to see if I am really being watched, or if I'm just imagining things again. I tend to do it a lot. Being alone all the time does that to me, makes me skittish and paranoid.

Not seeing anyone, I step inside with my groceries in hand and shut the door with my foot. I slide my shoes off and step up the platform before making my way to the kitchen.

The bags begin to cause indents in my skin at some places because they are super heavy, so I walk faster to the counter and lift the bags onto the counter.

I put the groceries that I won't be needing into the fridge and leave out the ham slices, eggs, milk, sharp cheddar cheese, white bread, and butter.

Fifteen minutes later I am standing at the counter with a mouth-watering hot egg, ham and cheese sandwich on my plate and a medium glass of cold, freshly made orange juice.

"Now all I need is music and someone to keep me company and this would be the life." I chuckle to myself and savor the taste of my food.

Quickly setting the empty dishes in the sink, I walk upstairs to my room and then through a hidden passage. I head downstairs to the giant gym room. My parents made this room underground and large enough for a dragon to safely stretch out their wings and still have lots of space for other people as well as equipment.

I smile at the beautifully-painted, intricate walls. They are made to look like the second kingdom, the homeland of the supernatural. Spacious forests are split by rivers and the occasional meadow, polka dotted with bright and colorful flowers. On one wall you can see a beautiful town with a sparkling castle behind it. The wall opposite of the castle holds some forests and then an ocean that has a setting sun that turns the clouds vibrant colors and the windows on the castle a shimmering gold.

"Hey, Marissa? You ready?"

She laughed at me and made an impatient snort. "I was born ready," She said as I gave her control and she surged to the surface turning into the powerful beast of legend.

She lifted her head and gave a mighty roar. The sound vibrated through our bones and around the room.

My gleeful laugh rang through our heads as I felt free. The joyous feelings forming in me could not be measured by words.

Marissa stretched her white and blue splotched wings far and prepared to fly. Using the Dragon Magic that we possessed, we opened a large portal that lead to the outside sky and charged forward.

I felt the ripple as we traveled through it and into the open sky. We began free-falling for a moment before powerful strokes of our wings surged us further up into the sky. The sun was high in the sky, nearly noon, but we had no worry of being seen by people. We were high enough that we would be nearly unspottable, especially since we are colored mostly white like a cloud.

The wind whipped around us as we turned, twisted, and dove through the sky without a care. The few clouds that were scattered throughout the sky brought a welcome mist when we flew them, cooling off.

Hours of bliss went by in what seemed like only moments. A roar left our maw and it echoed throughout the darkening sky.

As the sun got lower, the scales on our belly and neck began to reflect the light downwards. This made it dangerous for us to fly outside of clouds.

We should probably get going, Marissa. We can go home and watch the sunset on the roof. Marissa and I don't like having to be so cautious, but, knowing it is for the best, we do so anyway.

Marissa opens a portal up ahead of us, already slowing down so that we can land in the gym safely. Our wings falter for a moment as we jump in surprise when a bellowing roar rings through the air.

Before we have a chance to look at the dragon it came from, we are already passing through the portal, claws clicking against the solid ground.

"That's not good..." I trail off after I go back through the change. "We are going to have to be more careful." I pause for a moment, going quieter in realization. "We may not be able to go out for a while." Marissa says nothing and retreats to the back of my mind.

I trudge up the hidden staircase and into my room. My clock says it is 5:27 in the evening. I had missed lunch because I had wanted to fly instead of eating, but now my stomach rumbles in protest. Just realizing that I am covered in sweat and dirt, I strip my sweaty clothes and put them in the dirty laundry bin before walking into the bathroom to shower.

The bathroom has a black-marble countertop with two grey sinks, black, dark grey, and light grey tiles, a large walk-in shower made of marble with a built-in, heated bench and matching colors, a huge bathtub, a black and red fluffy rug that looks like you're walking on lava, and two more doors, one leading to a separate room for the toilet and one that leads to a small closet filled with shelves and black, red, and grey towels.

Stepping into the shower, I turn it on super warm, but not hot enough to burn. I condition and shampoo my hair, the scent of sweet coconut filling my nose. The dark-grey bar of body soap I use is from the men's section so it is woodsy scented mixed in with the scent of camp fire. It brought a calm sensation over me and I stepped out of the shower feeling relaxed.

I slip on my blue, comfy bra and underwear some pajama shorts and a tank top.

Once I make it down to the kitchen, I make myself some lasagna, salad with raspberry vinaigrette​, a slice of buttered French bread, and a glass of grape juice. I lite the dinner candles and sit at the far end of the mahogany table as I eat my food in silence.

My mood drops as I feel truly alone again. I like spending time alone, but when the feeling of loneliness sets in, it can be heartbreaking.

I clean up my mess, brush my teeth and go to bed. The sunset and stars long forgotten as I fall into a fitful sleep of nightmares.

----------------------------------------
THANK YOU FOR READING AND BEING SO SO SOO PATIENT WITH ME!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME!

DAWN IS OUT!