Chapter 4: Secrets

***THANKS FOR ALL THE READS, VOTES AND COMMENTS SO FAR! THEY MEAN A LOT TO ME!!***

---------------------------------------------------

I glance around the area that he is taking us through and then look up at him.

If he's not paying attention to us then just do it already! Shouts my Dragon, Marissa.

I know! Quit bossing me around! I mentally shout back at her.

Making sure he is not paying attention to me anymore, I jump out of his arms and stumble away from him. He stops running immediately and turns to face me.

His face shows confusion before he realizes that I jumped because I am frightened of him. Although I'm not frightened of him; I'm scared that he will find out who I am and then tell others about me.

He sighs. "Right. I go by Jesse King. I'm assuming your name is Erza...?" He trails off waiting for me to confirm my identity. I don't.

Instead I focus on continuing to block out the paralyzing hunger. Failing to ignore his rapid heartbeat and the warm blood coursing through his body, my senses sharpen even more; telling me that I'm even closer to giving in than the last time it tried taking over me.

I back up even more until I collide with a tree, completely stopping me in my tracks.

***

I'm just about to stop once we are a good distance from the school, when I feel Erza tense up before leaping up into the air and away from me.

She stumbles back a bit and I'm confused as to why she is acting that way towards me when all I've done is help her out, I haven't hurt her or anything.

I realize that she must be scared of me because she doesn't know who, or what, I am. So I introduce myself and partially ask if her name is Erza, but I get no answer and she only seems to be panicking even more. She's on the verge of another panic attack.

I notice her teeth elongate even further and her eyes turn from the blue it was to an icy, piercing blue and begin to take on an eerie glow.

She backs away further from me until she runs into an Quaking Aspen tree and stops all movement.

"Hey, are you alright?" I question hesitantly, not wanting to scare her more than she already is.

Her left ear, the one facing away from the school, twitches. Her head snaps up and she looks in the direction that she had picked up a noise.

That's when I hear them. Footsteps. The wind-whipping sound of the footsteps of vampires.

Her eyes widen and her voice shakes. "The border patrol."

Whoa! She was disguising her voice earlier. And I thought that her voice before was entrancing!

Oooh! Yooou liiikeeey. Taunts Ivan, my annoying Dragon.

I snap back at him. Shut up! It's not my fault she's breathtaking!

He snickers before becoming quiet again when he sees her trembling where she stands.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when I realize she said they were border patrol. "What's the matter? As you said, it's just border patrol."

She takes a step away from the patrol's direction.

With my Dragon bloodline I can hear quite well and as they get closer her heart rate picks up even more than what I thought possible.

They are moments from getting there when she turns on her heel and darts back towards where we just came from.

"Wait!" I shout after her and am about to start following her when five blurred figures pass me and go after her.

I watch in horror as they grab her and throw her roughly onto the ground. She cries out in pain and tries to get back up, but they just shove her back onto the ground.

The guy who is now pinning her to the ground by holding both her arms behind her back and digging a knee into her lower back seems to be the leader.

The leader, who has midnight black hair with flaming red tips, begins shouting at her. "Who are you and why are you here!? Who gave you permission to be here, rogue!? Vampires who aren't with a pack should just disappear without a trace!"

She just takes it. Not one word. No fighting them. No yelling at them. No defending herself. She just lays there, taking it all without a complaint. It makes my blood boil and I want to tear them to shreds for treating her the way they are.

I can't take on five alone. I mentally sigh. They are so going to take me out with their morning trash if I do this. Here goes nothin'.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I shout before they hurt her any further.

Their glowing eyes snap in my direction and a few of them begin growling at me; warning me to stay away.

"This is not your business, butt out!" Snaps a lime-green haired guy around my age. That's when I realize they are all around my age. I might be able to do this!

"It is my business because I can't just stand back and watch you hurt an innocent person who has done nothing to hurt anyone! So don't give me that it's-none-of-you're-business crap!" I am ready to claw their eyes out if they don't step away from her. NOW.

The leader growls, trying to intimidate me. I just growl back even louder and take a step towards my girl.

Where did that come from?? She isn't mine. I don't even know her and it's not like I've asked her to be mine, yet.

He doesn't get off of her and I'm about ready to completely loose it. "Get away from her!"

He smirks at me. "Or what?" He asks tauntingly.

That's it! I completely loose hold of my anger and snap.

Ivan comes to the surface to aid me and we shift together as we leap at him.

------------------------------------------------------
That's the next chapter guys! I hope you like it!! Please let me know what you thought about it by commenting! :D

Please read AngelsEve's books if you haven't come across them already, she is a fantastic writer and is the person who inspired me to begin writing my stories. :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME!

DAWN IS OUT!