Chapter 3: Vows Taken

Marne ka sabab maangta raha darbadarMitne ko to dil pal mein raazi hua..

Adhiraj walked to Ruhanika angrily and stood in front of her with crossed hands.

"I'm marrying your friend today at all costs. You have a simple choice, either walk away from here silently or let this wedding happen without any drama. Which one are you picking?" He asked with attitude.

"Hahaa, nice joke. I won't let my bestfriend get married to a beast like you. She's a beauty that a beast like you doesn't deserve" Ruhanika too crossed her arms and replied him.

"Fine let's do it your way. I'll get married to her no matter what but if you create problems, I'll marry her and won't let you meet her ever. I'll cut off all ways of you contacting her. I'll take her away with me where you can't reach her. Imagine after a few years when we will have 3-4 kids I still won't let you meet her. You'll have nieces and nephews who won't remember you at all. Now say, will you create any drama?" Adhiraj asked sternly as Rudraansh and Kaira looked at Adhiraj with wide eyes since no one has dared to talk to Ruhanika so brashly.

"She won't marry you" Ruhanika said in a small voice.

"That's between me and Kaira. Who are you?" Adhiraj held Kaira's hand in his holding Ruhanika's gaze.

"Kayu... You are my friend" Ruhanika looked at Kaira sadly.

"And will always be. Just let this marriage happen. It is about the respect of both families. Neither me nor him want to be married but the circumstances are forcing us to be married. And about seperation, we can file for dissolution within a few months, right?" Kaira explained to her friend.

"You know this is wrong. People will talk for a few days and then they'll jump onto the next hot topic. You both don't want to be married so why are you forcing yourselves into the mess. No marriage works without love and respect, are you guys even friends? There needs to be a relation between you two or else you'll both regret this in future" Ruhanika explained to both Kaira and Adhiraj.

"I'm not a pedophile Miss Shekhawat. The reason I was marrying Ishani was known to her and she had agreed and now Kaira too knows it. If today I return to my palace without a bride, I'll be the talk of the town for years and its going to reflect badly on my image and my business. I can't lose my face infront of people when they depend on me for their earnings" Adhiraj looked at Ruhanika with a look asking her to understand the gravity of the situation.

"I don't know whether I can trust you or not and she..." Ruhanika looked at Kaira.

"She doesn't know cunningness. She's an angel. Don't let the angel fall" Ruhanika placed Kaira's other hand in Adhiraj's hand.

"And I have my eyes, ears and everything on you. Don't you dare hurt my bestie. I'll kick your ass so hard that you'll see stars in broad daylight" Ruhanika tapped Kaira's hand and glared at Adhiraj.

"As if I'd allow you in 50m radius of me if at all" He glared back at her.

"You don't speak to her like that" Rudraansh stepped infront of Ruhanika and shook his head at Adhiraj asking him to step down.

"After you" Adhiraj rolled his eyes and looked at Kaira, motioning her to walk.

"Yeah" Kaira and Adhiraj walked to the mandap as everyone gasped at the change in the bride.

Kaira sat down on to Adhiraj's right hand side as Manisha and all soon settled around.

"You look beautiful" Adhiraj whispered in Kaira's ears making her give him a small smile. Kaira dressed in a deep red lehenga, looking like a royal Rajasthani bride, just the right woman who should stand proud beside a man like Adhiraj who was dressed in cream sherwani and a red velvet shawl with a necklace of pearls around his neck. The royal sword sat on his left side.