Hurts.

"H...hey Tyler I'm sorry I can't come back the now"Jo says with a sniffle.

"What?why?"

"Just Dumbledore being a dick,I have to stay and teach the kids"

"But Mary"

"Your gonna have to deal with it your self.I can't make it back end of"

"Do you want me to call up Dumbledore"

"NO!leave it ty"

"Fine Jo bye"

"Yeah uh bye"

She hangs up the phone and looks at Tom frowning "I get why I have to stay but...why do I have to stay!one of my best friends has died and the other is in bits"Jo sobs "who killed her"
Jo rolls her eyes ignoring what Tom asks
"who killed her"she shrugs "I don't know."

"Oh I thought you would cause your 'so smart'but I'll end the suspense Peter"Jo stumbles back "should've known" he nods.

"Your weak Jo,not in an offensive way...well kinda,look you have clases to teach and you have to work on your emotions...and well I don't know what id do if you got hurt your like one of my closets friends"He says the last bit quietly.

"Aw you big softie,I'll see you Tomorrow night for memory diving?"he nods "sounds good"

WITH MARY
"Okay breath,calm breath!"remus holds Mary while she sits on the couch shaking "Jo can't make it" "w...what I...I need her"Mary says breathlessly "I know"Tyler sits next to her and Remus.

"You've been up all night mays,you should get some sleep" "I don't want to...every time I close my eyes I see her face"she wipes her eyes.

"Honey you need to relax okay?I'll get you whatever you want to make you feel better"Mary looks at Tyler with doe eyes,the widest they've been all night "vodka please"
"uh no,I meant non alcoholic"
"You are no fun."

Mary rests her head on Remuses shoulder and she slowly falls asleep.

"Thank goodness"Remus whispers "it's terrible Jo can't come back" "I know...it's weird right"Tyler says and Remus shrugs "I don't know,she definitely did try to come it's Mary who's grieving her best friend."

"I got both the kids to fall asleep"grant says coming in the living room "we got the third one to sleep"Tyler jokes.

1973
"Dear diary,I think I may like girls"Mary reads aloud "but I don't know for sure"Marlene and Jo walk in the dorm laughing.

"H...hey Marlene,hi Jo"Mary smiles "hey mays"Jo hugs her then sit on her bed "hey MacDonald"Marlene nods her head at Mary "h...hi."

"You should've seen what just happened in the common room mays it was hilarious"Marlene says sitting next to her "really?"Jo nods "oh yes my brother dearest tried to asks out Lilly again."

Mary laughs "no way?how did it go?"Jo looks at Marlene "you be Lilly I be James"Jo nods and Marlene goes down onto the floor sitting on her knees.

"Please Lilly!pleaseee,give me a shot pleaseee!"Jo looks down at Marlene trying not to laugh and puts a hand in Marlene's hair "No fucking way"she says cheerily.

Marlene stands back up "ta da!"jo smiles at Mary "wow that really happened" they both nod then all laugh.

1975
"Why do we even have to do this it's boring!and non educational"Jo moans "it's a total skive!I love it"Mary says as her snd Jo walk about the outside of the school "I can't believe that profesor just wanted us all to walks about it's silly"Jo frowns then opens a book.