THE PAST

**Flashback**

Reyansh's pov:-

Age :- 16 yrs

"Reyaansh beta take care of Ayaansh and Kiara. We'll be back at night. Okay?"

Maa and Papa were going out for a business party but we stayed back because next day we had our school.

"Okay Papa. Take care. Bye maa." I along with my siblings bid them goodbye but Kiara was crying as she has been always accompanying maa everywhere.

"Kiara bacha play with your brothers. we'll come back before you'll even know, I promise." Papa patted her head.

They left leaving us in the house with few bodyguards.

It was already 5 pm and they would be back by midnight so we decided to spend some siblings time and cheer up Kiara.

We were having fun playing games, watching our favorite shows...Kiara fell asleep while watching the show so we took her to her room and put her on her bed.

"Bhai I think we should go to sleep now. It's pretty late." Ayaansh yawned.

"Yeah okay goodnight." I glanced at the watch ...it was already 11 pm. We have a routine in our house that all the kids should sleep at dot 10 pm but as maa and papa were not here today so we were up late.

I wasn't feeling sleepy yet so I decided to go out to the veranda.

I could sense something was wrong but I decided to ignore it. I was enjoying the calmness of the environment when one of the bodyguards came running towards me.

"Reyaansh baba hume hospital jaana hoga abhi. Aap sab ko leke aaiye."

"But what happened?" I asked my heart hammering against my chest.

"Sahab ke gaadi ka accident ho gya hai." He said panicking.

"WHAT?" I couldn't believe my ears. My whole body went numb.

Without wasting any time I called Aayansh and took Kiara in my arms and rushed towards the car.

"Bhai what happened?" Aayansh and Kiara asked at the same time. I couldn't answer them. My brain was not working at all.

"Please god not my mom and dad please" Tears were strolling down my cheeks. The whole way to the hospital I kept praying.

Few minutes later we were standing in front of the ICU where Papa was admitted. I asked the bodyguards present there about his condition.

"The doctor is trying but chances are less." No, no, no, this cannot happen. Papa has to come back to me. He is a strong man..... he is a fighter.

"Where's maa?" I asked already on the verge of breaking down.

"She's fine. Don't worry Reyaansh baba, just few scratches."

I somehow felt relieved and went to see maa.

"Maa" I rushed to her. She was lying on a bed with a few bandages around her wrist and arms.

"Reyaansh beta Papa kaise hai ?" She asked me impatiently with tear filled eyes.

"Maa doctors are trying don't worry he'll be okay" I tried assuring her.

She started crying in my arms. I wanted to cry but I had to be strong in front of my mom. I suppressed my emotions and comforted her.

She fell asleep crying...."Reyaansh baba doctor bula rahe hai" One of the bodyguards came rushing and I went with him.