☞︎☜︎

༻ 1289 words༺

{Mania pov}

I'm sat on the steps of the Greene house. Keeping an eye on the surroundings as I spot Shane approaching the barn. I see him messing with the locks on the barn making sure they're secure. I laugh when Shane jumps back a few steps when the walkers push against the doors of the barn. I lift up my shirt checking my wound as my brother and sister approach.

"It's healing well. How do you feel?" Valerio asked. "Like I got shot for the tenth time and got a damn branch stuck through my leg. Don't know how I get myself into these damn situations." I say inspecting my wounded leg.

"Maybe try not wandering off on your own. You're going to get yourself killed if you keep on like this." Silas said. I knew she was right but I'd never admit that, a little girl was lost. And if finding her meant I'd put my body through hell trying to find her, so be it. Wasn't just gonna leave her out there with no one looking for her, especially not in this world. I converse with my two siblings for a while, talking about my time in the military and their lives without our parents. It was refreshing to catch up with them, but I still felt distant from them. We talk about our childhood and the fun times we had despite our horrible parents. It was good for all three of us, being able to seek out the good in horrible times.

I watch as Rick and Hershel walk off into the distance as everyone else goes about their day. I spot Shane talking to Lori, most likely speaking nonsense. I roll my eyes knowing Shane has gone off his mind, trying to control everything. He walks off with his head hung as Lori looks at him, it's evident that Shane found out about her pregnancy. I spot Shane storming off with his usual pissed off look, he storms into the RV after talking with Carl. Shane step out of the RV and then storms off clearly pissed off, for the millionth time. Time goes by and I watch as Maggie and Glenn talk, and smile as he pretty much confesses his love for her.

The others come to the porch and join me and my siblings as we lounge about on the porch. Maggie makes fun of Glenn for wearing Dale's hat, as T-dog and Andrea walk up to the porch.

"Do you know what's going on?" T-dog asks. "Where is everyone?" Andrea questions as Glenn asks if they haven't seen Rick. "He went off with Hershel. We were supposed to leave a couple hours ago." Andrea says as Daryl seconds that and asks what the hell. The group starts conversing about the situation at hand with multiple people not being in sight. That's when Shane walks up with the bag of guns coming from the direction of the woods. He starts asking if the others are with him while handing out guns, with his usual pissed off face. I sigh and look down knowing Shane is about to go off the handle and it's going to cause a big ass problem. I roll my eyes when Shane decides to give a speech, Maggie speaks up telling Shane to stop his actions. Poor girl, she hasn't realized Shane is going to do whatever Shane wants regardless of the outcome  good or bad. Shane decides to bring Carl into this to which Lori argues against Shane. Everyone's attention is taken off Shane as T-dog exclaims something drawing our attention to the random kid, Hershel and Rick. But more importantly the two walkers on leads that are being guided by Hershel and Rick.

"Bloody fucking hell. Didn't know we were stepping up target practice." I express completely shocked at Rick's part in the situation. Everyone begins running towards them to the barn. I stand at the front keeping my gun readied on the walkers, knowing Shane is going to make the situation ten times worse than it already is. I keep my focus on the walkers and the barn not paying attention to the pleas and shouts of Rick Shane and Hershel. Shane begins shooting the female walker, showing Hershel that it's not a sick human and that it is in-fact dead. Rick screams and Shane shoots the female walker in the head, causing Hershel to go into a daze. Shane then begins screaming about Sophia being gone which angers me, no one knows if she's gone or not. It's not fair for him to just give up on people so quickly, he gave up on Rick making it out of the coma and gave up on Sophia being alive. I take note of Shane working himself up trying to work everyone else up as-well. I realize what he's about to do and sigh stepping in front of everyone prepared for what he's going to do next. Shane runs to the barn doors as Rick pleads for Hershel to take the snare pole. The situation has reached its peak, most of everyone is standing there stunned by the events taking place. I stand ready for Shane to worsen the situation as he always does. And