Part 1

In Jang family's Mansion Livingroom

Author's Pov

In the grandeur of the Jang family mansion, the atmosphere was tense as Jang Hyewon, a man of power and influence, sat facing his daughter, Wonyoung. The air was thick with anticipation, the weight of their opposing desires hanging heavily between them.

"Dad," Wonyoung began, her voice steady but firm, "I cannot go through with this arranged business deal. I've already made my decision."

Jang Hyewon's expression remained stoic, his eyes betraying a hint of disappointment. "Wonyoung, you know the importance of this arrangement for our family's future. It's not just about you; it's about securing our legacy."

"But Dad," Wonyoung interjected, her voice rising with defiance, "I cannot sacrifice my happiness for the sake of our legacy. I've found someone I love, and I refuse to let him go."

Jang Hyewon's facade cracked, a flicker of anger crossing his features. "Love? You dare speak of love when our family's future is at stake? You will marry according to our plans, not your whims!"

Wonyoung stood her ground, her eyes blazing with determination. "I will not marry someone I do not love, Dad. I cannot live a lie for the sake of tradition."

The room seemed to vibrate with tension as father and daughter locked eyes, neither willing to yield. Suddenly, in a fit of rage, Jang Hyewon's hand shot out, delivering a sharp slap across Wonyoung's cheek.

The sound echoed through the room, reverberating off the walls as Wonyoung staggered backward, a hand flying to her stinging cheek. Shock and hurt flashed across her face, mingling with defiance as tears welled in her eyes.

"Dad," she whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of emotion, "I will not be silenced. I will fight for my love, no matter the cost."

Jang Hyewon's expression softened for a moment, a hint of regret flickering in his eyes before he hardened once more. "Then you leave me no choice, Wonyoung. You will marry as planned, or you will be cut off from this family."

With those words, he rose from his seat, leaving Wonyoung alone with her pain and defiance, the weight of her decision heavy upon her shoulders.

As Wonyoung stormed out of the room, her heart heavy with defiance and hurt, she didn't expect what she would encounter next. Turning a corner, she found her father, Jang Hyewon, on his knees, his face contorted in pain, one hand clutching his chest.

"Dad!" Wonyoung's voice cracked with shock and concern as she rushed to his side, dropping to her knees beside him. "Dad, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

Jang Hyewon looked up at his daughter, his usually stoic expression replaced by one of agony and vulnerability. "Wonyoung," he gasped, his voice strained with pain, "I... I think... it's my heart."