Part 9

Author's Pov

A few days had passed since the dramatic encounter at the party. One evening, while staying at Yeji's apartment, Wonyoung's phone buzzed with a message from her father. It was rare for him to contact her directly, so  her heart immediately filled with worry. The message was brief but urgent: "Come home immediately. It's important."

Hyewon's POV

The house felt strangely quiet as I awaited Wonyoung's arrival. I had called her back home with a sense of urgency that even surprised myself. Yeji had been a great support to her, and I knew she needed her friends, but there were matters that required our family's unity.

When Wonyoung finally arrived, I could see the tension in her eyes, a mixture of concern and reluctance. She had been staying with Yeji for a while now, angry and hurt by my actions and decisions.

"Wonyoung," I began, my voice steady but tinged with a father's concern. "Thank you for coming."

She nodded curtly, her gaze not quite meeting mine. "What's going on, Dad? You sounded urgent."

I motioned for her to sit down, and as she did, I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "I wanted to talk to you about a few things, Wonyoung. First, I want to apologize for my actions. I know I haven't been the father you needed lately."

Her eyebrows furrowed slightly, a mix of surprise and skepticism crossing her face. "Apologizing now? After everything that's happened?"

I nodded, my throat tightening with emotion. "Yes, I should have been more understanding. You have every right to be upset with me."

Wonyoung looked away, her expression guarded. "It's not just that, Dad. It's everything—the pressure, the expectations. I felt like I was suffocating."

I leaned forward, my heart aching to hear her pain. "I know, Wonyoung. I pushed you too hard, and I'm sorry. But there's something else I need to tell you."

She glanced back at me, curiosity mingling with apprehension in her eyes. "What is it, Dad?"

Taking a moment to steady myself, I continued, "Our family's business... it's in trouble. We're facing financial difficulties, and I've been trying to keep it together, but it's becoming increasingly difficult." I feel really bad because it was just a lie. Everything is fine and smooth. but sorry wonyoung ahh it was for your own good.

Wonyoung's eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, the walls she had built seemed to soften. "I had no idea, Dad. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

I sighed heavily like my family is really gonna fall down, and pretend like the weight of our family's struggles pressing down on me. "I didn't want you to worry, Wonyoung. I thought I could handle it, but now I realize we need help."

Silence hung between us for a moment as Wonyoung processed the information. "What are we going to do, Dad? Is there anything I can do to help?"

I reached out and took her hand, squeezing it gently. "Yes, there is. I need your strength and your determination, Wonyoung. We need to work together as a family to overcome this."

She looked at me, a mix of resolve and uncertainty in her gaze. "I... I want to help, Dad. But I don't know if I can go back to the way things were."

I nodded understandingly, my heart swelling with pride for her courage. "I understand, Wonyoung. We'll find a way forward together, but I need you by my side."

She nodded slowly, her expression thoughtful. "Okay, Dad. I'll do my best."

As we sat there, father and daughter, the weight of our family's challenges seemed less daunting with the promise of unity and understanding between us. This conversation marked a new beginning, a chance for healing and reconciliation that we both desperately needed.