Chapter 5

The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for
- Tucker Max

"Ready for the meeting? " -Cassania asked the other colleagues. ""Yess all set!"-Lyla replied.
"I will be on the third floor please guide all the stakeholders in the meeting room while I see through the preparation " -she mentioned. "Yes will do" -Mr Hough answered.

After a few minutes she could hear murmurs from outside, then the gate of the meeting room was sprung open by her colleagues who were welcoming 3-4 people followed by their Boss.
Her boss snickered while talking with them and then he faced towards her with an excited expression on his face "Ahh Cassania here you are please come let me introduce you to some important guests"

She made advancemens from the dias towards the guests. Here meet Mr. Eric Anderson and his team, it's their first time visiting our office as you know they were not there in the city but this time we are obliged to have them for the yearly meeting -her boss made the introduction clear like a slate. She paused for a second or two as she felt a chill through her spine, the aura felt cold. But then she came to her senses by uttering "Hello I am Cassania Collins I will be presenting the data for the yearly meeting today"
"It's a pleasure to meet you Cassania"- He remarked with a slight smile on his face.

Cassania-

I wasn't able to take my eyes off from looking in the direction of Eric Anderson, a fairly tall and well built figure standing right in front of me in the meeting room. His hair was black similar to the night sky, I wished i could touch his silk like hair strands, his eyes were reddish brown. Those eyes hold a different amount of charm , a person can just indulge in those and will never be found.

The moment I heard my name from his mouth I felt a shiver run through my body. His deep voice felt like fuel to my enchanted mind. As all the stakeholders presence was confirmed and they were, I started my presentation while controlling my sinful desires. My mind felt the conflicting notions of how and why I am so much attracted towards him? This never happened before, I was confident to maintain my composure in the deadliest situations but this time my mind says otherwise, the epitome of beauty, the powerful aura and a handsome stature presented right in front of my eyes altogether in a person made my mind go hazy.

The presentation went well. My Boss said that it was a success but I know i somehow managed to survive through it.
"It was a good presentation I'm looking forward to working with you" -He said with a soft smile. The haziness started to melt and all i could hear was his voice, God dammit Cassania what has happened to you why are you behaving like that i questioned myself. My expression was like a confused child but before I was able to change my expressions he has already noticed it. "Is there anything?"- He asked.
"No... Not at all!"- I actually exclaimed which made it worse, I should just leave I thought.

I was about to leave but he interrupted my walk by offering a question "will you be there in today's office party Miss Cassania? , I'm hoping to see you there as well ".
Before I could answer anything my boss involved himself with an answer "Yes for sure Cassania is handling the major projects with her team so her presence will surely be there Mr. Anderson"
He nodded but was still looking at my face waiting for an affirmation from me, his eyes were stuck on my face which made the blood rushing through my cheeks feel so hot, "Yes Mr Anderson I will be there"-I answered.

He stood up and started to walk out of the meeting room, I could see his back which looked so perfect. What am I even thinking I contested against my thoughts.
"Hello Miss Cassania!" , a voice came from behind when I turned to look I found an upright and well suited person, "I am Rupert Blinsky, secretary of Mr Anderson, he told me to give you his card so that in future if you need anything you can contact him"
"His card? " I asked "yes here it is" He offered me a black card with gold color letters encrypted on it. I held the card and then he departed , leaving me behind with so many doubts and questions.
The major ones were why he gave his card to me? Or why does he think I will have the need to contact him directly for anything? ...