CHAPTER 80

I couldn't believe how close the exams were. It felt like the past few months had flown by in a whirlwind of lectures, late-night study sessions, and endless practice. I flipped through my notes, trying to quell the rising tide of anxiety. "I can't believe how close the exams are," I muttered, more to myself than anyone else.

Hermione, sitting beside me in the common room, glanced up from her own stack of parchment. "You've got this, Ashwini," she said, her voice full of confidence. "Don't think about anything else alright, the practical's have went well"

I couldn't help but smile, feeling a bit of the tension ease from my shoulders.As McGonagall said earlier about my and Anushka's practical exams, Vivian and Tonks came, they switched into us and went to give the practical's as ourselves. For every practical exams they had to come here and do it and go away after we would talk a bit. 

I and Anushka are very thankful of them for helping us in this situation, thy said not to worry and that they are here for us. 

I glanced over at Anushka, who was equally engrossed in her fourth-year textbooks.

As the day of our final exam approached, the atmosphere grew tense. Anushka's worry mirrored my own, though she was the first to voice it. "Ashwini, do you think today's the day? You know, the day we read about?"

I took a deep breath, trying to shake off the unease that had settled in my stomach. "Don't think about it too much, Anushka. Focus on your exams. E-very thing will be alright..we can do it."

Despite my own advice, I couldn't completely rid myself of the worry. As I sat down for the exam, my quill scratching across the parchment, my mind kept drifting back to the potential incident we had foreseen. My answers became disjointed, and I found myself crossing out more than I was writing.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Harry sitting a few rows away. He was deep in concentration, his eyes closed. Moments later, his eyes flew open and he let out a shriek, collapsing from his seat.

Pandemonium ensued. Screams echoed through the hall as students jumped up, panic spreading like wildfire. My heart pounded as I joined the rush toward Harry. I gulped at the sight of him lying on the ground, pale and unmoving.

He was gibbering as he tried to pull away from Professor Tofty, who was looking at Harry with much concern after helping him out into the Entrance Hall with the students all around them staring.

"I'm - I'm fine, sir," Harry stammered, wiping the sweat from his face. "Really... I just fell asleep... had a nightmare..."

"Pressure of examinations!" said the old wizard sympathetically, patting Harry shakily on the shoulder. "It happens! Now, a cooling drink of water, and perhaps you will be ready to return to the great hall? The examination is nearly over, but you may be able to round off your last answer nicely?"

"Yes," said Harry wildly. "I mean... no... I've done - done as much as I can, I think..."

"Very well, very well," said the old wizard gently. "I shall go and collect your examination paper and I suggest that you go and have a nice lie down."

"I'll do that" said Harry, nodding vigorously. "Thank you very much."

The second that the old man's heels disappeared over the threshold into the Great Hall, Harry ran up the marble staircase.

"Alright! Everybody back to your exams now!" The wizard said, we all sat down on the seat and started to write down our exams. 

I started to write in a swift motion, sweat trickling down from my forehead as I wrote the exam as soon as possible. I filled over the pages writing quickly and submitted the paper. 

I ran up to the stairs knowing well where Harry is. I saw him coming down, panting.

"Ashwini good you're here, you already know what happened so let's get going-"

"It's not true Harry!" I stopped him. He looked back at me with his eyebrows knitted. "Sirius is not there please just-" 

"I dunno Ashwini, I can't risk it." He said and we started to walk to the corridor until, Hermione and Ron arrived.

"Harry!" said Hermione at once, looking very frightened. "What happened? Are you all right? Are you ill?'

"Where have you been?" demanded Ron.

"Come with me," Harry said quickly. "Come on, I've got to tell you something."