"Stop!"

TW: CURSING

I sigh while helping Ava dress up for the day, once in a while, putting my hand over her forehead to check if she has a major fever.

"...and then we can meet your friends there, and they can play with us, and then -" I keep nodding as the little girl in front of me talks her heart out, sharing her thoughts with me and Anthony.

I tap her shoulder lightly, telling her we're done.

"I'm taking a quick shower, alright? If you need anything, just knock on the door and wait for an answer. And stay in the bedroom for now, okay?" I stated, darting my eyes between my siblings and then walking into the bathroom.

I looked at the time in my phone before stopping and thinking for a bit. Yeah, school is not an option for me today.  One day off school won't hurt anyone.

I turn the hot water on and jump to the shower, feeling my tense body relaxing. While doing that, every possible scenario for today goes through my mind. It could go terrible wrong, or it could go with ease; it depends on the people around, and that is nerve-wracking.

"Ellieeee." I hear Ava calling me, dragging the 'e' dramatically.

" whaaaat?" I mimick her playfully. Through the steam, I can see her entering the bathroom while looking at the floor, not wanting to invade my privacy that much. I chuckle at it.

"Are you almost done?"  She taps her feet impatiently. "I want to see your friends from yesterday." She whines, upset with how long I've been in the shower.

"We still have time, kid. Maybe two hours, or one and a half..." I tell her, turning off the shower and wrapping myself in a towel.

She leaves the bathroom so I can dress up, not really happy with my answer. As I dress up, I can feel my throat annoyingly hurting. I cough a bit, trying to get it better; it worked for now.

I leave the bathroom already dressed and ready. I scratch the back of my neck, yawning. Can't I just go back to sleep? I feel exhausted.

"What do you think about going now?" I ask my siblings, who are playing with those one-dollar car miniature you can buy on target or something. Ava instantly jumps in my arms, shouting a big 'yes'. Anthony grins at us.

"Alright, grab your coat. It's cold." I tell them, feeling a sharp shiver through my body.

"But it's not even that cold. I'm fine wearing short sleeves." Anthony replies, lifting his eyebrows. I roll my eyes playfully.

"Sure, but take your jacket with you." I decide.

We pass through the front door, locking it after. Today is a sunny day, but my arms are still shivering. We keep talking about the car miniatures they were playing early, making bets on which one would win the next time. Being early, fortunately, not many people are here, making the first part of my stupid little plan work. I'm not interely sure if I can bring other people to the set, and I'm not into talking to my superiors right now, so I'll just keep them on the inside of my trailer, and maybe, really maybe, I'll let them see Scarlett or Lizzie, which Ava is bothering for.

"We're here!" Ava yells, and my eyes widen.

"Shh. We can't yell here, Avey." I explain, kneeling in front of her.

"So, like at home?" She frowns, taking her hands closer to her chest, making her seem smaller. I bite my lip guilty.

"No, baby. But here there's people filming and having fun, so they need a quiet place." I try to make up something so I don't tell her that I'm not sure if they can be here. She nods.