The Anticipation

A few weeks passed

**Nick's Perspective**

Another day at boarding school, another routine—classes, lunch, and more classes. But today was different. Today, I had a letter from Leah waiting for me, tucked away in my backpack. I couldn't wait to read it. As soon as classes ended, I hurried back to my dorm, eager to see what Leah had to say.

As I walked into the room, Ethan was lounging on his bed, flipping through a magazine. He looked up, spotting the envelope in my hand, and smirked. "Another love letter from Leah?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help grinning. "It's not like that," I said, plopping down on my bed and opening the letter carefully.

Ethan chuckled. "You two have been writing back and forth a lot. Why don't you just text each other like normal people?"

I shrugged, pulling out the letter and smoothing it out. "It's more romantic this way," I admitted. "Besides, letters feel more personal. It's like getting a piece of home."

Ethan shook his head, still smiling. "Romantic, huh? So why aren't you two dating yet?"

I paused, his question hanging in the air. It was something I'd thought about often, but voicing it was different. "I don't know," I said slowly. "I guess... I guess I'm just waiting for the right moment."

Ethan raised an eyebrow but didn't press further. I turned my attention to Leah's letter, eager to see what she had written.

---

*Dear Nick,*

*I've been thinking about fall break and I wanted to know what your plans are. Are you going to visit your hometown? It would be great to get the trio back together like old times—me, you, and Alex.*

*I miss you a lot and it feels like forever since we hung out. Let me know what your plans are. I can't wait to see you again and catch up properly.*

*Take care,*

*Leah*

---

I felt a surge of excitement reading her words. The thought of seeing Leah and Alex again, of returning to our old haunts and rekindling our adventures, filled me with a sense of longing and anticipation.

I looked up at Ethan, who was watching me with a curious expression. "Leah wants to know if I'm coming home for fall break," I said, unable to keep the excitement out of my voice. "She wants to get the trio back together."

Ethan smiled. "That sounds great, man. You should go. It's obvious how much you care about her."

I nodded, already planning my response in my head. "Yeah, I think I will."

---

*Dear Leah,*

*I just got your letter and it made my day. I've been missing you and Alex a lot too. I've decided to come home for fall break. I can't wait to see you both and catch up properly.*

*Let's plan something special. Maybe a day at the lake or a hike through the old trails? Whatever we do, it'll be great just to be together again.*

*Looking forward to it,*

*Nick*

---

I sealed the letter and headed to the campus post office, a sense of excitement bubbling up inside me. Fall break couldn't come soon enough. The thought of seeing Leah again, of spending time with her and Alex, filled me with hope and anticipation.

As I walked back to my dorm, I couldn't help but think about Ethan's question. Maybe it was time to be honest with Leah about how I felt. But for now, I was content with the knowledge that we would be together soon, sharing new adventures and rekindling old friendships.