Chapter 35: Missions

Azalea looked at Hyunjin, who now sat RIGHT beside her, gripping her hand tighter by the minute. The faster his heart raced, the tighter he gripped.

The tighter he gripped, the faster Azalea's heart raced. She counted each second. Hyunjin turned to face her but turned away immediately because she was staring at him like a hawk.

He laughed harder and louder at jokes being made, probably because he was afraid that someone might hear his loud heartbeat.

Azalea looked at her watch, and as soon as it said that she completed her mission, she dragged her hand out of Hyunjin's grip, the sudden move made Hyunjin flinch.

He looked at her with confused eyes and a hand lying sadly on the couch. She smiled at him, and showed him her watch and said, "Thank you Hyunjin-shi!"

"That was because of a mission?" Hyunjin asked in a quiet voice.
"Yeah!" Azalea said. Hyunjin nodded and looked back the others, not understanding why he felt so sad.

"Uhh what was that?" Seungmin asked, with a disgusted expression.
"What's going on?" Felix asked, looking like the puzzled baby chicken he often is.

"Nothing! I just completed a mission!" Azalea said, blooming with joy, truth is, she panicked and decided covering it up using the mission is the best option.

Hyunjin looked at his hand, still sad, and thought to himself, "I kind of liked it though," but shook off that thought immediately, trying to cheer himself up.

"I feel like I'm the only one left that didn't complete his mission," Chan said, still mad at the staff for doing him so dirty.
Eliana looked around, and, looked at Mioko across the room.

It was strange, you would expect the three girls to sit together, but, no. Eliana was surrounded with Chan and Jeongin, Azalea with Jeongin and Hyunjin, and Mioko with Han and Minho.

Out of the three, Mioko was definitely the most uncomfortable one. The tension between Minsung could be sniffed from miles away. Eliana thought about her mission.

It would be easy, to just pinch Azalea's cheeks and call it a day, but, the staff isn't paying 100,000 per mission for that. They want spice, they want entertainment. Eliana will give them what they want.

She waited for the perfect moment. And it arrived sooner than expected, All the hyungs were babying Jeongin as he cutely tried to act like a 'big boy'.

Yes, we are all quite aware that he's 23, but still, he's just a babyyy. Everyone laughed at how cutely Jeongin got offended, and Eliana pinched his cheeks(gently of course), saying, "you're cute even when you're offended!"

He froze, everyone else froze. The staff watching probably froze. YOU probably froze. Hehe.

Eliana smiled through the pain of realising, she's supposed to be a stay that just met him. Not his girl best friend. She showed everyone her watch, and the 'mission completed' bubble to diffuse the situation.

Chan noticed her struggle and further helped diffuse the situation. Everyone had moved on, but of course, not Jeongin. He kept looking at Eliana with sparkling eyes.

Minho looked at the time and said, "it's lunch time now right?"
"Oh yeah, it is," Changbin agreed, "And I'm hungry!" He added.
Minho looked at Mioko and said, "let's go!"

"Ayy we're the winning team, we get to sit and lazy around," Han told Minho, with a passive aggressive smile.
"I know, but she can keep me company while I cook can't she?" Minho replied, just as passive aggressive.

"You have your teammates for company," Han said, Mioko, sitting between them, looked at chan with an expression that screamed 'help me please'.

Chan went upto Minho, put his hands on Minho's shoulder and said, "Let's go and arrange everything to get started first, they'll decide when they feel like joining us".

Minho decided to leave it at that, and did as Chan told, he made his way to the kitchen, "Yah! Changbin! You also have to cook!" He yelled. Changbin, Felix and Seungmin made their way to the kitchen.

Han turned to Mioko and asked, "so, since when were you a stay?"
Mioko blinked at him in confusion (Minho vibes) but then remembered, "oh! Um, 2 years," She answered.

"2 years! Who's your bias? Is it me?" He said, smiling. A very 'Han' thing to do. But the way Minho was glaring at them and cutting each vegetable with some anger being released, was not very Minho-like.

"Uhm, I'm an OT8!" Mioko said, trying to save herself.
"Oh right! What got you guys into Stray kids?" Hyunjin asked the three girls, trying to make the show look like how it was supposed to.

The three girls looked at each other, and decided to go with the most common answer, "Felix's deep voice clips!" Felix looked at them, hearing his name.
"I heard my name!" He said.

"They're praising your amazing voice!" Hyunjin told him.
"Oh!" His face lit up and he smiled BRIGHTLY, and said, "Thank you!"

Mioko couldn't help but think the kitchen was better, and besides, Papa Chan and sunshine Felix the diffusers were also there, she decided to ignore Han and Minho and went to the kitchen to stand next to Chan.

-----------------🌯🌯🌯----------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3