Chapter 22-

I told her everything.

Not just what had happened between Jeff and I,

But also how I wasn't from here.

I told her what life had been like for me, the siblings that I had, how I lived with my mother and not my father.

The fact that even my middle name had been different.

I talked about the night before I died, and the tunnel of light.

I told her that I didn't really like her name, and that I missed my family back home.

She looked at me like I was crazy, but she weighed my words carefully.

"So that's why you called me a Bib," she said, "I thought that you were coming down from something." She then looked me up and down as if she was still considering the possibility.

I laughed and proceeded to pull down my pants- my stab wound on full display.

"In case you needed more proof."

Eve put a hand over her mouth, "Fuuck (y/n) that's nasty," she grabbed my leg and examined closer, "Welp, that's definitely from a knife."

It wasn't healing as well as I'd like.

"Let's get you cleaned up better," Eve said, walking out of the room.

She came back a moment later and started to work on my leg.

Silence rang between us- Eve looked like she was lost in thought. I tried to think of something to say, but she eventually spoke up again, "So... my real sister? She's gone?" She asked, her voice deflated.

"She certainly isn't me. I don't know if her consciousness went somewhere," I paused, "Or if she crossed into the light."

Eve wiped away a tear, "All for the better, I suppose," she said and looked up to me, "My (y/n) had been suffering for a while. It's nice to think that she's at peace.

I nodded my head, "So, you believe me then?"

"My (y/n) couldn't have come up with a story as elaborate as yours. She wasn't too bright." She chuckled lightly.

"So, what now?" I asked, "Am I to keep living as your (y/n)."

"Now..." she began, finished up my leg and stood up, "Now, you live your own life. You're welcome to stake out here and figure it out- we can be friends even- but from afar, I'm going to need some time to process that you're not my sister."

I nodded my head.

"There's food in the kitchen. I'll call dad and let him know you're safe, so don't worry." She motioned to the door and I stood up.

"Thank you. For everything," I said, and left to go to my room.