chapter thirty two

jhyzir omiri jacksonsame night

same night

"baby, ima be right back." i mumbled trying to get up from the bed, but khamyri wouldn't let me.

"whyyyy? what time is it?" she groans, rubbing her eyes and i look over at my phone looking at the time.

"1:09, i gotta go get yaya." i grit. the thought of my own brother inappropriately touching my baby girl broke my heart, but that night gone get his, if it's the last thing i do.

"i love you queen." i lean down and kiss her forehead.

"i love you too, please stay safe & bring my baby home." she mumbles grabbing my wrist to kiss my lips. "I will" i mumble, walking toward our closet I grab the shoebox, took my nina out, and put it in my waistband. I leave my phone at the house and grab the burner.

I walk out of the bedroom and to the garage, i unlock my car and get inside starting it up. I pull out the driveway and call the guys to meet me at the address.

It didn't take me long to pull up and park. "I'm putting two bullets in that nigga when i see him." I said nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders.

"shit what we waiting on?" zae ash the blunt and takes his gun off safety.

"lets get baby girl & milly back." nario nods walking toward the house. I knocked on the door, my blood boiling as i wait for someone to open the door.

It finally swings open, "DADDY" meriyah sniffled, i picked her up comforting her.

I kiss her cheek, "where ya mommy?" i questioned and she points inside of the house.

"ight, go with uncle zae and nario. i'ma be back." i kiss her one last time before nario grabs her and takes her back to my car.

me and zae walk into the house. my stomach drops seeing blood from the doorway and down the hall. me walk further into the house following the blood trail, "damn" zae mumbles shaking his head at the dead body.

"milan" i called out grabbing my gun.

a door behind us squeaks open, "i-is he dead?" her shaky voice spoke behind us, i turn around and my heart broke more. she had blood splatter all over her body, a black eye, a busted lip, and old bruises.

I walk toward her, pulling her into my arms.

"I'm so fucking sorry, milan." i kiss my teeth, letting her sob on my white beater.

"let's go home" i mumble looking her in her eyes and she nods. i help walk her out the kitchen, "i'ma call the clean up crew." zae announced making me nod my head.