34

It was a somber day in the living room of Amber and Tara's apartment. The two women stood facing each other, suitcases at Amber's feet, their relationship having reached a difficult crossroads.

"I understand why you're leaving, Amber. I don't blame you," Tara said, her voice laced with a bittersweet acceptance.

Amber nodded solemnly. "After everything that's happened, it's for the best. For both of us."

Tara's eyes glistened with unshed tears. "Part of me will always love you. You know that, right?"

Amber nodded again, the weight of their decision evident in her expression. "Promise me you'll take care of yourself out there," Tara pleaded.

"You have my word," Amber replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

The silence that followed was thick with unspoken emotions, neither woman knowing what else to say.

Later, Amber found herself in the nursery, gazing down at their sleeping baby. She gently caressed the infant's cheek, a bittersweet smile tugging at her lips. "Goodbye, my love," she murmured, leaning down to place a tender kiss on the baby's forehead.

Gathering her suitcases, Amber made her way out of the apartment building, pausing briefly to take one last look at the place she had called home. With a deep breath, she loaded her belongings into the trunk of her car and got behind the wheel. As she started the engine and pulled away, the camera lingered on her face, the mix of sadness, resolve, and the weight of her decision settling in.

The scene faded to black, leaving the audience with the impression of a difficult, yet necessary, farewell.

amber wont be here for a couple chapters.... say yall goodbyes