Chapter 8

I meet up with Damon downstairs and we walk together to the District Lines party. We stand in line behind a few other YouTubers and right before we get in, I get pulled over by someone. When I turn to the person, I notice that it's a girl around my age. She's in full fan-girl mode when I go to say hello. I lay my hands to get her to stop bouncing up and down, and her excitement causes a smile to appear on my face.

"My name is Sheyenne, spelled S-H-E-Y-E-N-N-E." She says after she calms down, instantly asking for a photo and for me to sign her shirt. I ask her how long she's been watching my videos as I sign her shirt before pulling out my phone once I feel it rumble. I glance over the message, It's just Damon, and leaning close to Sheyenne so we can take a photo. I say goodbye and go to walk into the party, but she follows me.

As I turn to watch confusingly as the security guards let her in, I don't notice that I run into someone. Apologizing, I take my hands off the stranger's chest, wiping them on my dress before looking up at the stranger. I introduce myself as I take a step back, creating some space between us.

"It's alright, I wasn't looking where I was going either. I'm JC." He sticks his hand out to shake and I take it. We talk a bit and he explains that he's a part of O2L, a collab channel with him and six other guys. We exchange numbers before parting ways as I go to find Damon. After looking for a while, I don't find him but I do find Cyr. Walking up, I ask him if he's seen Damon and he just shakes his head, turning back to the girl he was talking to.

I stay for a little bit longer, talking with a few people before texting Damon, trying to find out where he is. A few seconds after my phone starts ringing, and I look down at my phone to see Damon calling. I step out into the hallway of the bathroom and go to answer, but he already hung up and all my phone says is One Missed Call from: Damon. I sigh and go to call him back but he texts me back before I can.

Why do you care where I am?

This confuses me. Of course I care where he is. He was the whole reason I came to this party.

I message back with a frown on my face. What do you mean? Of course I care where you are.

His reply is almost instantaneous and I can feel his insecurity through the phone. I saw you get some guys' number. I know I should trust you but I couldn't help but notice how he made you smile.

I take a moment before replying. I'll delete his number if you want. I don't want to upset you, I do really like you.

I sigh as I wait for his reply, leaning against the wall and running my hand through my hair. I stand there for a few moments, before deciding that he's not going to reply. I slip my phone back into my purse and push myself off the wall, deciding that my night is over and heading straight to the door. I run into JC again on my way out, apologizing quickly before pushing past him and out the door.

I take my shoes off in the elevator, holding them in my hand as I take the short walk to my hotel room. When I get in, I drop my shoes instantly and head straight to the bathroom and take my makeup off, brushing my hair and putting it up before stripping off my dress, throwing a shirt over my underwear-clad body, and falling into bed. Letting out a groan, I pull my laptop and my camera out, getting ready to edit the vlog. Sometimes I wish it would just edit and post itself, but alas, it doesn't and I have to do all of that. 

When I finish, I set my things on the bedside table and crawl under the covers, grabbing my phone and checking to see if there's anything new. No notifications, but I check my social media anyway, interacting with some fans before falling asleep with my phone in my hand.

Waking up, I instantly check for any texts but let out a groan when the screen is blank except for a few social media post notifications. After lazily getting ready for the day and eating breakfast, I check to make sure the vlog is posted before heading downstairs. I run into Sheyenne again, who is extremely calm as opposed to last night. We talk in the Starbucks line and end up talking while we drink our drinks.