VII

PART I - 'Love OR Hate?'

M

"Here's what I found!!" I placed all the novels and theoretical notes on the table and took a glance at Yeri to see her staring far into the distance.

"Yeri-ah," I called her name and stood closer towards her and patted slightly on her shoulder.

"Yeri...?"

Still, there was no response from her as though she was enchanted by the silencing charm.

"Jeon Yeri,"

"Give me a second, Minjeong,"

"Hmm...?"

Confusion came all over my mind as I looked at her in puzzlement just to see her staring directly in front at the wall, looking all suspicious.

More specifically, she wasn't even doing anything.

She's just...

Staring weirdly at a damn wall.

I observed her from all directions and blinked my eyes, finally letting out a heavy sigh.

Something must've happened yesterday.

"Alright, what were you saying earlier?" She turned to me all of a sudden as though nothing happened earlier.

"Yeri..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you... alright...?" I asked worriedly as she looked at me and let out a tiny chuckle.

"Hahaha, of course I am!"

"You are not sick, are you?" I placed my palm on her forehead to check if she was having a fever.

"Look... something bizarre happened yesterday," She took my hands and stared into my eyes with a rather serious expression.

Something bizarre...?

"No, actually it happened since the day I first met Jay,"

"What?! That was days ago!" I yelled as she chuckled again.

Why didn't she tell me earlier...?

"Well, it seems that I experience telepathy," She said as my eyes widened immediately.

Telepathy...?

TELEPATHY?!?!?!?!

"Telepathy?? You mean... you can communicate through your mind?" I questioned as she nodded her head slightly.

"OH MY GOSH, Yeri!!" I exclaimed as she chuckled and patted me to calm me down.

"Telepathy, isn't that some kind of fictional superpower...?"

"M-Hmm, I came here to research about it," She smiled and carried the books into her arms.

"Ohh, no wonder you were asking about these novels,"

"Speaking of which, were you telepathing earlier...?" I asked as I recalled her strange actions a while ago.

"Wait... did it seem obvious?" She asked nervously as I nodded and stopped halfway as soon as I noticed that figure standing right next to the book stall behind her.

"Minjeong-ah...?"

Y

"Tcsk, it's that jerk,"

Minjeong's voice hardened instantaneously as I tried questioning her but stopped when I realised who the figure was.

"So, did you find anything?"