XVIII

PART II - 'Nobody but YOU'

Y

"A very good morning to the school's headmaster, head of disciplinarian, teachers and our fellow students here today! I am Park Sunghoon and this is Jeon Yeri. Together, we're the school's head students and the following student council election will be hosted by us!"

A genuine smile was plastered on my face as I looked at the audiences below the stage, each holding strong excitement in them, not even wishing to waste any bit of time.

With Sunghoon by my side, hosting the election has become less pressuring, knowing just how superior he really was, as though nothing could go wrong as long as he was there.

"On the exact same day last year, three new student council members were elected as their year group representatives through the recent final election. This year, however, we've decided to make new changes towards the electing system, ensuring that more than one student from each year group can be elected as a new member to increase the population of the student council organisation!"

In split seconds, the grand hall was surrounded by a round of applause as I smiled at Sunghoon, noticing how the changes we made this year were deeply appreciated by both the teachers and the students.

"As you may know, only five students from each year group were successfully elected by the judges in the semi-final election that was hosted last month, proving just how determined these students really are!"

"Without further ado, let us peek through the name list of the students that'll be participating in today's final election!" I exchanged looks with Sunghoon as he nodded his head in tiny, signalling that he was very pleased with the feedback this year.

"In 1st grade, we have XXX, YYY, AAA, BBB and CCC approaching today's election with great enthusiasm!"

"In 2nd grade, let's welcome DDD, EEE..."

Realising how each and everyone's faces were lightened in anticipation as they cheered excitedly for each special name being called, the feeling of contentment was over-pouring my mind as I took a tiny peek at Jay, noticing how he started looking nervous as soon as Sunghoon started calling the names of 3rd grade students.

"And lastly,

In 3rd grade, we have FFF, GGG, HHH, Han Minjeong and Jay Park, each overflowing with talents that'll surely rock the stage!"

I took another glance at Jay, realising how he gave me a tiny smirk, ensuring that he was more than ready for today's election as though he was completely crafted for the finals.

"Please look out for me,

Jeon Yeri."

Our eyes connected immediately, sensing how he wanted my full attention today as though the bet he made the other day was the most significant bet he has ever made in his lifetime.

"Don't even take a blink."

HAHAHAHA,

Alright, we'll see how well you perform today :)

"You're less idiotic now, hmm?"

PFFT,

But I'm 'your' idiot tho...?

"Then stay away from Park Sunghoon before I punch his pretty face off."

-

There I sat below the stage, at the judges area where tension and seriousness were glued through each and every corner, not even allowing a tiny bit of playfulness to cut through this crucial square.