XII

PART II - 'Nobody but YOU'

Y

The sun was a sphere of glowing flame as I watched it applying warm rays towards the atmosphere, heating up the surface.

Despite reaching the afternoon, the sun had yet settled down as the students rushed out the school gate, each running home as quickly as possible to avoid sunburn.

I lifted my head and took a peek at the sky, noticing how rain hasn't visited the place since last month where the thunderstorm led me and Jay towards that very shelter beside our school.

How crazy it felt,

Standing under the tiny roof with the rain drizzling at either side of the shelter as I remembered the conversation I had with him, making me feel the butterflies I felt that day.

Somehow,

That day was memorable.

"Why are you standing here like an idiot?" I sighed upon hearing his voice as I turned my head around and faked a smile.

"Correction. You already are an idiot," He teased again as I held back that annoyance in me and made him walk.

"So, have you already finished writing your speech?" I asked as I followed him from behind.

"Why? Wanna give it a spotcheck to see if I cheated?" He scoffed as I rolled my eyes and rolled my palm into a fist.

HAHAHAHAHA (sarcastically)

His attitude needs a raise.

"If you're just trying to help that Minjeong girl to win this election, then I'd rather just quit," He said as I looked at him in confusion.

"I'm seriously being fair here, alright?" I muttered as he laughed sarcastically and increased his pace.

The path back home was only occupied by the two of us today as we hurried through the empty streets while enjoying the scenery beyond our eyes.

Directly below us was none other than the mesmerising ocean that brought humongous waves across the boulders, sending the magical splashing tune of the sea through my ears, leaving an echo.

I stopped in the middle of the pathway, walking towards the handles as I looked down into the water, trying to spot the tail of the whale's.

The view from the top was so fascinating as though I was enchanted to be standing here at this time of the day, waiting for the whale's arrival.

"Stop wasting my time, you tortoise," I lifted my head to see Jay standing right beside me as his eyes were locked onto the waves, as though he was searching for something too.

"I didn't ask you to wait for me," I mumbled in annoyance.

It was as though silence but only the sound of the ocean came by our ears as we narrowed our eyes, focusing on that massive shadow visibly underneath the clear aqueous water.

Is that...

The whale...?!

As sudden as it could, the tail of the whale appeared above the sealine, bringing huge splashes of salt water across the air as we cheered happily, staring at this wondrous piece of artwork.

"D-DID YOU SEE THAT?!" I yelled joyfully as though the spirit in me was jumping up and down non-stop, brightening up my mood in split seconds.

"Listen!" He covered my mouth in a sudden as my mind flooded in puzzlement and then slowly realising his actions.

It was the magnificent hum of the whale as I stared at the humongous figure in admiration, as though the sound created was not only music to our ears, but sending us a message instead.

'Whale Tale',

It said.

I turned my head to the right, staring at Jay's alluring side profile as I giggled in sight, realising how his soul has been entirely attached to the whale.

"Whale Tale... was it?" He said without taking a glance at me as I nodded my head, knowing he had heard it too.

The love story in my life,

'Whale Tale'.

That was the very message sent by the whispers of the whale as we stood by the pathways, watching its shadow fading into the water.

"Have you perhaps...

Fallen in love?" I teased as his ear tips began to blush again.

"AHAHAHA, with the whale, I meant,"

I giggled as he let out a disgusted reaction and I faked a smile at him while leaving him hanging.

"You really are an idiot, Jeon Yeri," His voice appeared by my ears, sending me a huge flood of butterflies down my throat.

More like a zoo, not gonna lie.

"My idiot,"

I stopped my footsteps in puzzlement as soon as I heard his words and looked up at him with my cheeks burning and my heart racing rapidly.

WHAT...

DID HE JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!   

I looked at him with my face tinted in deep, hot pink as he chuckled again and walked up close towards me until there was barely space between us.

I watched him smiling handsomely as I stared at his profile, noticing how captivating his jawline was.

Not forgetting his eagle-like eyes that stole my heart at first sight.

He lowered his body to match my height as he placed his hands on my shoulders, making me feel his breath near my neck.

"Jeon Yeri,

Do you wanna go out with me...?"

-

Thank you for reading 'Whale Tale' Chapter XII!!

Chapter update: every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9.30pm KST