Damsel in Distress

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
- Oscar Wilde

We reached the base, and the cars pulled inside. Ghost opened the door. By that time, I was nearly passed out, barely holding on to consciousness. The adrenaline that had kept me going was fading, and the pain and exhaustion were taking over.

"Hey, Angela," Ghost tried waking me up.

I barely opened my eyes, feeling the weight of exhaustion pulling me under. Ghost's usually stern voice held a hint of concern.

"We need a medic here, now!" he called out urgently.

Alejandro and Soap rushed over as a couple of medics appeared, quickly assessing my injuries.

"She's lost a lot of blood," one of the medics said, pressing a bandage against my wound.

"We'll get her stabilized," the other medic assured, starting an IV.

"Hang in there, Angela," Soap said, his voice soft but firm. "You're gonna be okay."

As they lifted me onto a stretcher, Ghost stayed close, his presence a steady anchor in the chaos. I felt a hand squeeze mine, and I knew it was his.

"We're right here with you," he said quietly.

They took me to the infirmary, the urgency in their movements making my head spin. When the medic poured alcohol on my wound, I screamed so loudly that the entire base echoed with my cry.

"Hold still, Angela," one of the medics urged, his voice trying to be soothing but strained with urgency.

Ghost, Alejandro, and Soap stood nearby, their faces etched with worry.

"You're going to be fine," Ghost reassured me, his voice a rare mix of gentleness and command.

The medics worked quickly, their hands moving with practiced efficiency to clean and bandage my wound. The burning pain seared through my lower back, and I couldn't hold back the tears. "Mommy!" I screamed, crying for my mom as I remembered she always took my pain away.

"You're strong, Angela. Just a little longer," Soap said, giving me an encouraging nod.

It felt like an eternity, but finally, the medics finished dressing the wound and started an IV drip to ease the pain.

"She'll need to rest and recover," one of the medics informed the team.

"We'll make sure she gets it," Alejandro replied firmly, his eyes meeting mine. "You did good out there."

Exhaustion began to overtake me, and I let my eyes close, comforted by the presence of my team. I knew I was safe and in good hands.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. Someone was holding my hand.

I blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the light. Ghost sat beside me, his grip firm and reassuring.

"Hey," he said softly, noticing I was awake.

I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain in my back made me wince.

"Take it easy," Ghost said. "You're still healing."

I nodded, feeling a mix of gratitude and relief. "What happened?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"We made it out," he replied. "You were pretty banged up, but the medics took care of you."

Alejandro and Soap walked in, relief washing over their faces when they saw I was awake.

"How are you feeling?" Alejandro asked.