THE BIG NEWS

One Month Later...

As Nitya moved about the kitchen, her mind wandered back to the unforgettable day she had shared with Aniket. Despite the fleeting moments of happiness they had experienced together, she couldn't shake the feeling that something had changed between them in the weeks that followed.

Aniket's behavior had become increasingly erratic, alternating between distant and withdrawn to moments of unexpected tenderness. While he had never been outright rude to her, his aloofness left her feeling unsettled and unsure of where she stood in their relationship.

Yet, despite the uncertainty, Nitya found solace in the knowledge that she no longer had to navigate the unpredictable moods of a husband plagued by inner turmoil. As she chuckled to herself at the irony of her situation, she couldn't help but wonder what the future held for her and Aniket.

Nitya stepped out of the kitchen, her nostrils flaring slightly as the distinct aroma of methi tadka reached her. Turning to the maid, she asked, "Aasha, why are you making a methi tadka? The vegetables should be cooked with mustard seeds, right?"

Aasha, the maid, appeared instantly, a look of surprise on her face. "Didi, are you a magician? How did you know it's methi tadka without even seeing it?"

Nitya found it peculiar too but was quickly distracted by the ring of her phone. It was her sister, Aarushi.

"Yes, madam, tell me," Nitya answered, her tone cheerful.

"Wow, Nitya, you sound so happy. What's the matter?" Aarushi's voice was curious.

"Nothing much, just like that."

"Okay, listen, I'm coming to your place," Aarushi announced.

"Why?"

"What do you mean, why? Do I need a reason to meet my sister?" she asked, sounding mildly offended.

"Oh, I didn't mean it that way... fine, come over. I didn't go to the office today, so I'm totally free."

"Hmm... actually, I have a craving. I want to eat that halwa you make," Aarushi said.

"Suddenly you want halwa... you are something, Aarushi," Nitya replied, amused.

"What do you mean? Have you forgotten? I'm pregnant, and it's my seventh month. I get cravings all the time now. Poor Abhishek gets so worried."

"Okay, fine, I'll make it. But come over calmly and don't drive yourself... should I send a driver?" Nitya asked.

"Yeah, that's a good idea... hey, by the way, can you also make that thing you used to make... what do you call it... that besan one?"

"Thalipeeth... you shouldn't mention so many dishes. Now I'm craving something too..." she complained.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, like... like..."

"Like what? Okay, I'll come over, and you can think about what you want to eat... my milk is boiling over. I'm sure Abhi left it on and forgot," Aarushi said and disconnected the call.

Nitya laughed softly as she put her phone down. She felt a warmth in her heart, the comfort of family bringing a sense of normalcy and joy to her day. She made a mental note of the dishes she needed to prepare and headed back to the kitchen, ready to indulge her sister's cravings and perhaps her own as well.

"Didi, shall I make kairi ki chutney today?" Aasha, the maid, asked again, emerging from the kitchen with a hopeful look on her face.

"Yes, kairi ki chutney... that's exactly what I was trying to tell her," Nitya replied.