Chap 7

Rachel ~

"Where are the boys?" I asked right when Kayla opened the door and walked into the dressing room, as I sat on a couch with my phone. "There..like..working out or something." She said very dazed and confused, and put one hand on her head.

I locked my phone and said "are you okay?" She walked around and sat on the couch with me. "Kinda, well no." She said shaking her head. "What is it?" I asked lightly. "I can tell you?" She asked quickly. "Of course Kayla! What are thinking? You can always trust me! Somethings up. Tell me." I exclaimed. "Well...I'm...I'm just gonna say it...." There was a pause, as I leaned in closer to let her know I was listening.

"I..I think I'm in love with Michael." And with that a little piece of my heart sunk. Why did it hurt? It didn't. I'm not with Michael, he's my friend, but why the fuck is Kayla in love with him? Never mind I just need to be supportive

"Oh" I said calmly. "Are you mad?" She asked me. "No, why would I be mad? I'm with luke" I said with little guilt. " I don't know..I just...I never felt this way... And I was wondering..if you could help me out..I mean I see him EVERYDAY, and I just can't take it anymore, I mean I've gotta tell him right?" She asked. "You don't have to Kay, I...I can help you out, maybe we can double date, I'm sure he'd say yes" I explained uneasy. "Really?" She said smiling "you think so?" "Yeah" I said "how about after soundcheck, we go talk to him" "sure." She told me.

Michael~

"Um so we have to do that new solo on 18?" I asked the boys in the dressing room. "Yes Michael" Luke said. I groaned. "But I'm so bad at it, it doesn't sound right, and if I fuck it up management will be mad that I changed the fucking song without then knowing" I exclaimed. "Too bad so sad" Ashton said. "You guys suck" I said standing. "Lets go" Luke said as he heading for the door and we followed not to far behind.

We walked down the corridors to get to the backstage for out soundcheck. They pulled jokes on each other but I just trailed behind being silent. All of a sudden we saw the guys from Terrible Day walk out of backstage "Casey!" Luke yelled as Casey's head turned and said "Hey dude!" they emerged themselves in a conversation as Kayla, and John piled out of the door and then proceeded to talk to ashton and Calum, and then Rachel opened the door. She immediately saw Luke "Luke!" She walked up to him and hugged him. "How was it?" He asked. "Good" she said. "Although the crowd doesn't seem much in it tonight" then thy both laughed. Rachel looked over and saw me and looked like she remembered something and said "Hey Michael, can I talk to you about something real quick?" She asked. "Sure" I said back. She looked at Kayla and then Kayla came over too as we kinda backed away down the corridor from the group, enough for them not to hear us. I didn't know what they wanted to talk to me about but I was kinda eager.

"So I was wondering, if you wanted to go on a double date with me and Luke and Rachel" Kayla said very shyly and fast. I could tell she was nervous. She was sweet for asking but I wasn't that interested in her. I looked at Rachel and my heart sank she was smiling like she wanted me and Kayla to be together, maybe she doesn't like me, maybe the moment we had at the arcade was nothing and I'm just stupid. But at this point I don't really care. "Ya" I answered back. "Sure." I said so nonchalantly. "Really?" She said surprised. I nodded. I saw luke and the others start heading for the door "I gotta go, ill see you guys later though." I said as I walked away.

I looked back and saw Kayla practically screeching to Rachel, as she just faked a smile and looked at me with sad eyes for a second, but I turned my direction back to the door and pushed it backstage. Honestly I didn't really wanna go on a date with Kayla I didn't like her like that.

Also I didn't wanna go on a date with Luke either, that's just horrible, but what makes it pure torture is that Rachel's gonna be there. I have to see her with Luke in there couple scene, and pretend I wanted to be there, and pretend that I don't like Rachel. And pretend that I don't think she's giving me mixed signals and fucking with my brain. I wish this girl, would just escape my troubles, and all of this pain would just float away.

They handed me my guitar backstage and although I should probably be thinking about that stupid solo, Im stuck thinking about the girl of my dreams, but in reality she's stuck with my best friend, so I don't know if she's my dream girl.

~ 2 Days After ~

Michael~

I sat there awkwardly across from Luke and Rachel with Kayla at my side. Luke and Rachel were talking, in deep conversation like always. "So Michael what's your family like?" Kayla asked in her high pitched nasally voice. I was secretly annoyed but tried not to look that way. "Uh my mom and dad...live in Australia" I said weirdly. She laughed very high pitched and snorted a couple of times. I laughed at her snorting. "Oh my god that was like the first time I've ever snorted!" She laughed. I grinned. "No, I mean I know they live in Australia lol" she said L.O.L. Out loud. What the hell.

"Um well they like to -" Luke cut me off by saying. "Hey lovebirds what kind of pizza you want?" He asked. "Pepperoni " I answered. "I hate pepperoni!" Kayla screeched.

I think I made a face at Rachel and she giggled. "Okayyyyyyyy...we'll get cheese?" Luke kinda said to the waiter guy. I looked over at kayla and she smiled at me as i did a half smile back. I could tell this date would be just dandy.

Rachel~

Okay so I could tell Michael didn't like Kayla at all right, from the first time she opened her mouth. I know him too well, he doesn't usually go for girls like Kayla but I didn't want Kayla to know that, she told me she was in love with him. I know Michael won't break her heart he's not like that.

"So are you good at thumb wars?" Luke randomly asked me then he smirked at me. "Actually...yes." I said as I put my thumb up. I glanced at Michael painfully listening Kayla rambling about something. As our thumbs started to fight. I laughed as Luke pinned my thumb down "3..2..1! You out!" he laughed. "Not fair! You cheated!!" I giggled. "Oh yeah?" He asked. I nodded smiling. "How?" "You wanna show me?" "You know, how I 'cheated'" he said grinning. "Uhh..." I smiled wide. "I don't know but you did" I said fast. He just smiled and said "oh alright." Like he was assuring me. As he turned And then engaged himself in a conversation with Michael.

Kayla turned to me. "Hey!" She said. "yo" I said casually. She put her hand beside her mouth and whispered "how do you think it's going?" I paused for a second then I made this face 😁, and shrugged. She looked sad and then I whispered, "but probably good!" As I took a bite out of my pizza and looked away, she smiled. At this point I just didn't wanna break her heart, and maybe Michael did like her but had a weird way of showing it, for some reason i didn't want him to like her. But I just tried to let that go. I don't know what it is, but hopefully something will happen out of all this, I just hope everyone ends up happy, especially me and I just hope all these things in my mind vanish. There's just so much going on, and I'm just confused.