8. Showcase of Genius

The voice that called out stood in front of the entry way, and slowly made it's way to her. He had a small smile across his face as he did. His appearance was giving away his lack of sleep, and Averine would know more then anyone.

⥢  Ah, and you've met Mirano. I trust he's already brought you around the town and the sights. ⥤

「 Yep! She's already seen almost everything the city has in it! Other then the lab, but I couldn't tell if you guys were doing tours. 」

Mirano spoke with excitement once again, jumping in front of Averine as he spoke. He was happy to talk to whoever this was, and Averine was left to smile and stare.

⥢ Well we aren't doing tours for quite a while, but I suppose I could make a special exception for the two of you. ⥤

The scientist held his hand out to Averine, and his smile persisted. His tone was quiet and low, as well as gentle.

⥢ My name is Gyono, and it would be a great pleasure to walk you through the Kaven Laboratories. ⥤

Averine gently took his hand and gave it a friendly shake, but once she processed what he said stopped immediately. Her relaxed gaze quickly shifted to one of suprise, and she glanced up at him.

❝ Wait there's more then one? I thought I was paying pretty close attention to the tour, but I only saw this one. ❞

A squinted glance came from Gyono, but it was quickly replaced with a small laugh.  Averine simply stared at him as he did. She didn't know what the funny part of what she asked was.

⥢ Oh no no, there's only one laboratory in the city! There's sub-sections within it that people have classified as entirely different labs, and I suppose the titling simply caught to me as well. ⥤

Averine glanced over his shoulder at the laboratory, and couldn't help but notice that it was tall, but not very wide. Could it possibly be a floor system? That would mean that they wouldn't be very big...

❝ Just out of curiosity, how does the layout of the laboratory work? It doesn't seem like it would be that big of an area if it was by each floor. ❞

Gyonos' smile persisted, as he turned and glanced at the building as well. He seemed excited to talk about it.

⥢  Well, it's actually- ⥤

「 NO NO NO! Don't tell her! Let it be a surprise! She'll love it I'm sure! 」

Minaro put his hand over Gyonos' mouth as he cut him off, and had that electric smile once again. Gyonos' smile was present, but his eyes became half closed as his mouth was covered. Averine simply smiled at the interaction they had.

「  Come on come on come on! Let's go see the inside of it! 」

Before the other two had a chance to respond, Minaro began pulling them both through the entrance. He stopped at the door for only a second, and gave the security pad a light tap. It flashed green, and the gilded doors opened.

⥢   Wait, how did you do that- ⥤

「  Ah ah ah! Go go go get in get in! 」

He pushed the two into the building, and Averine stared into and across the building. It felt like royalty owned the building, and didn't leave a single corner unattended. From statues of previous people, to elemental tapestries hanging from the walls. It was a dulled shade of gold and white patterns all over, and it was...calling it marvelous would be an understatement.

❝ ......its....BEAUTIFUL! IT FEELS LIKE I'M STANDING IN A CASTLE! ❞

Gyono stood behind her and straightened out his coat, and tilted his head as Averine spoke. Another small laugh came from him as he looked over at his laboratory.