The Announcements

Belladonna's P.O.V.:-

I sat in the Great hall as I saw the new boy Marvolo Mortev talk to Draco and yet stare at me. I felt something penetrate my mind. And as if naturally, walls began to build at a speed faster than lightening itself around myself. The boy still stared at me. I cocked up a brow!

"Hey Anna" said George. "Mortev is staring at you."

"Don't you think I know. Let him stare. I know I'm really beautiful." I smirked off. "Now how about we prank Snape and make his shower plumbing wash his hair with shampoo?" I said.

"And how do you plan to do that?" said Fred.

"Listen" I said as I began to explain my plan to them. Soon we were done with feast, and the choir came up with Professor Flitwick. And sang a rather hideous song.

"In the cauldron boil and bake.
Fillet of a fenny snake.
Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf.
Witch's mummy, maw and gulf.
Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble!
Something wicked this way comes!"

The toads croaked and the choir dispatched.

Ginny's P.O.V.:-

I took one look at the new boy. And immediately I felt blood escape my face, as I went pale. He came back. If I did not die, who did. The basilisk was dead, but come to think of it, I did not see Colin this year. Not only was a fan of Harry, he had a huge crush on Belladonna. He even sent her a Valentine's day card on 14th February this year.

"Harry" I said patting his hand to get his attention as he looked at me. "Colin hasn't come this year, and there is Tom, or should I say Voldemort. Do you think he killed someone? Do you think he killed Colin?"

"Could be possible" said Harry as he looked at Tom. "But we need to act. We cannot confront him. He knows who we are. But the others don't know how Tom looks like. So we need to take our steps very carefully." I nodded and agreed to his plans.

Belladonna's P.O.V.:-

Soon Dumbledore came up and began his announcements.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R. J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor!" said Dumbledore as we applauded. He got up and bowed courteously. McGonagall had changed my subject from ancient runes to art to dueling. Yuppy dee doo!!!!!!!!!! We all clapped as I looked at Snape seething away, cocking up a brow I looked at him, as he rolled his eyes blankly.

"Of course! That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." piped Hermione. Teacher's pet... but who can say so am I. After all I'm so brilliant!

"Potter... Potter! Is it true you fainted?" said Draco, mimicking some fainting motions.

"Ohhhh!" said the others.

"I mean, you actually fainted?" he said with delight.

"Shove off, Malfoy." said Ron.

"How did he find out?" said Harry.

"Just forget it." said Hermione.

"Hey Dragon!" I said, as Draco looked at me. "Is it true what Fred and George told me. That you nearly peed in your pants on seeing the dementors pass by!" I wiggled my brows for the effect, as he blushed with embarrassment.

"Shut it Sara" said Draco. Meanwhile Dumbledore continued his announcements.

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" he announced. I knew it! Who else would give us such a wild book. We all applauded. I put my fingers in my mouth and whistled loudly, taking others by surprise. McGonagall nudged Hagrid as he got up knocking down the goblets, and then got pulled down.

"Whoo-hoo!" shouted Hermione.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban, until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt, and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But, you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times... if only one remembers to turn on the light." said Dumbledore.

Later we went to the Gryffindor tower and saw the fat lady busy with a glass flute.

"Ahhhh! Ah-ha-haa-aooo!" she sang, more of shouted.

"Fortuna Major." said Seamus. "Here, listen. She just won't let me in."

"Fortuna Major." said Harry.

"No, no, no- wait. Wait. Watch this!" she said. "Ah-ha-ha-Aaaah- amazing! Just with my voice!"

"Fortuna Major!" I spat.

"Yes, alright. Go in." she sulked.

"Thank you." said Harry.

"She's still doing that after three years. She can't even sing!" I said.

"Exactly!" said Seamus.

That night I retired by the fireplace, as I read the Care of Magical Creatures book. I wondered what Hagrid would teach us.