The Bump Day

The drive to college was quiet. Not awkward but comfortable quiet. There used to be a time when Zain's driving used to scare the life out of me. But now it was second nature to me.
Staring out the window I notice the weather was cloudy, it could rain soon.

"You think it'll rain?" I ask him.

"Seems like it." He says, and we fall back into our comfortable quiet.

We reach college soon and he parks the car. Just as we get out it starts to rain cats and dogs and everyone starts running inside the building.

"Shit!" Zain hisses. He looks at me, and I smirk meeting his eyes.

"Whatever you're planning.."

"Last one in gets to do the dishes!" I cut him off and run as fast as I can.

"What is this? Fifth grade," I hear him behind me.

But in a matter of seconds he catches up with me.

"Got you!" He picks me up by the waist just as we reach the building. I look at him and we both start laughing. I can feel his chest rumbling as he laughs still holding me up by the waist.
He looks so cute with his dimples and his honey brown eyes laughing without a care in the world. His sparkling white teeth are on full display and his hair looks even more messy, wet.
I look at him and can't help but feel lost at the sight infront of me. Zain laughing in his deep throaty laughter without a care in the world as drops of water traveled down his face to his neck. And I probably looked like a monkey.

I'm pretty sure everyone think we have lost it considering the looks we were getting from people around us. But that's just how it is when we are together.

"You can put me down now. What if my future husband is watching?" I mock horror.

"Then he likes what he sees," he winks and puts me down. I look down and notice his clothes and realize we're both drenched. "Great, now you'll get sick"

"And you're immune to sickness?"

"Nope. But I don't act like a baby when I get sick."

"Yeah, yeah. Come lets get you dried up. "

But before I follow him inside, I yell "Show's over peeps. Move it. "
~*~

I don't know how but Zain managed to get me new clothes. When I asked him how he got them, he just shrugged and said 'Magic'.
Shaking my head I look at the small mirror infront of me. I looked like a freaking Barbie. Ew. I'm wearing a pink top with pink GLITTER on it. And a pink knee length skirt with PINK GLITTER ON IT. Oh and that's not even the best part. I'm wearing PINK GLITTER leggings beneath it.
Convincing myself it'll only get worse the more I stare at it, I take a deep breath and step outside.

And there leaning against the wall is my best friend. It is unfair how he finds normal clothes and I get to look like a barbie. Oh God.

He finally looks up and sees me and does a double take. I can tell he's trying to hold back his laughter as he moves towards me but he is failing at it terribly.

"You look...pink," he chuckles.

"No shit. Of all the clothes in the world, this is what you found me? You stink at being a best friend."

"Come'on! They're not that bad. Besides they were the only thing I could find."

"Not that bad? You can't even hold your laugh while looking at me! I look like a freaking high school barbie!" He chuckles. God I'm so angry at him right now. Everyone probably thinks I'm some lunatic who ran away from barbie world.