Nothing More

The rest of the day passes by uneventfully. I meet two new girls I share classes with, Mona and Sarah. Mona's blonde, with green eyes. She's extremely friendly with an outgoing personality. She makes friends like I eat MnMs. Yup that fast.

Sarah was more of the shy type. With her brown hair and brown eyes, she was really pretty. She was a total book addict, which was probably the reason why we bonded so quickly.

Finally, lunch time! I think to myself. I sigh, relieved. As amazing as I found the rest of the classes, I was tired. Not to mention my growling stomach. I make my way towards the cafe, and imagine my shock when I find Zain already surrounded by what seemed like jocks. But that wasn't the reason behind my shock. No, that was because of the guy sitting next to him laughing at some joke he just told him.

It was the guy he had told to empty the seat earlier. Smiling I move towards him when I see Sarah sitting alone. That's not good.

"Sarah?" She looks up and smiles at me.

"Hey."

"Hi, what are you doing sitting alone? Come join me, I'll introduce you to my best friend. "

"Sure," she gets up with her tray.

"Where are we eating?" I don't have to look to know that's Mona.

"Mona meet Sarah. " I introduce them both.

"You're introducing me to my own bestie?" She asks.

"Huh?" Just then it clicks, it wasn't me to whom Mona directed that question.

"Well if you keep ditching me for guys like that, that could happen one day."

"Oh come'on! I was gone for 5 minutes! And it was worth it," She winks at her, to which we both laugh.

"Lee was just inviting me to sit with her. Let's join her."

"You guys go, I'll join you both once I get my lunch." And with that she was gone.

"So you both are friends huh?" I ask Sarah, walking towards our table.

"Yeah. We've been since high school. She was my saviour from all the bullies actually," Sarah explained.

"Aw. That was really sweet of her," I comment.

"It took you ten minutes to reach the table. I was getting worried I would have to pick you up again,"

I roll my eyes at Zain. I sit next to him and Sarah joins us by sitting next to me. My eyes focus on the guy from earlier. He looks a little nerdy and short. But behind the big glasses, there was a handsome face.

I was proud of Zain. He may act like a jerk sometimes, but he doesn't let that define him. He has a big heart. Things like these make me love him more. He's tough because of his childhood but I know the real him. I know he felt bad for the guy afterwards, and I know inviting him to sit with him, being friendly towards him was his way of apologizing.

"Here," Zain pushes the tray towards me.

"Thanks. I am starving,"

Grabbing the pizza, I take a bite and look around the table. There are three other guys, all falling in the jock category.

"You need to see a psychiatrist!" I tell Jason.

The guys turned out to pretty cool, although as predicted they were all jocks. Jason is blonde with a tall and lean frame and an absolute player. Ross has the same frame as Jason, but had darker hair and is also a total player. Skylar's taller than both of them but still falls short to Zain, and has peircing green eyes. He seems like someone you can trust with your deepest, darkest secrets. Brandon, that was the name of the nerdy boy, had left saying he had somewhere to be. Sarah had also left, saying something about getting to Mona before she got herself in trouble.