Chapter: 62(The Unreasonable Customer)

[Chapter 62]

Inside the Autumn Beauty boutique, a young woman was arguing intensely with Russell and several other staff members. A group of customers and the mall's security guards had gathered around to watch.

"I bought these clothes here, so why won't you take them back?" the woman asked aggressively as she held up the clothes.

"Miss, you bought those clothes over a month ago. How can we take them back now?" Russell didn't know how many times he had repeated this, but she refused to back down.

"I only wore some of these clothes once or twice," she said sharply, "and some of the others I never wore at all! So, why can't you just give me a refund instead of trying to bully me?"

"I'm sorry," Russell said. "But if we took them back, we wouldn't be able to sell them in our stores. We can't give you a refund. There's no way we can do it." He just wanted to solve this problem as quickly as possible.

"What kind of attitude is that?" she demanded. "If there's a problem, then you need to fix it. You can't just avoid it and refuse to take responsibility. I'm not going to just go away quietly."

Russell hadn't given her a refund, and she was really unhappy. "If you don't refund the money right now, then I'm not leaving," she announced. "A boutique like Autumn Beauty can't simply ignore the rights of their customers. My time isn't worth much, but if you have to close for a day, you'll lose tens of thousands of dollars, won't you?"

The woman's behaviour was beginning to annoy the crowd, and they started accusing her of being rude and unreasonable.

"You're accusing me of fraud? If you say that again, I'll sue you for slander!" The woman crossed her arms over her chest. She had gone there to cause trouble, and she didn't care about being polite.

"Absolutely no manners," one bystander said.

"Why do some people behave like that?" another asked.

"Call the police," someone suggested. "Why bother arguing with someone like that?"

"Miss, please leave now or I'll call the police." Russell took out his phone and gave the young woman a serious look.

"You are absolutely shameless," the woman said, getting even angrier when Russell threatened to call the police. She pulled a piece of clothing out of the bag, took out a lighter, and set fire to the clothes, tossing them out of the door.

When everyone saw this, they rushed to stamp on the clothes to put out the flames.

"What is wrong with you?" Russell demanded angrily. The store was full of clothes. Was she going to burn all of them? "There are a lot of people here," he said, "and someone could have been hurt." Having had enough, he called 911.

The young woman didn't seem to be at all concerned.

The police station was nearby, so an officer arrived quickly and started to question the woman about burning the clothes.

"I bought these clothes, so they belong to me. And I'm burning them a yard away from their door," the woman said confidently. "Is there a problem? Can I not burn my own clothes?"

The other customers were angry and began to tell the police officer how outrageous the woman's behaviour was. But he told them that it wasn't against the law for someone to burn their clothes, so he couldn't arrest her.

"I think it might be better if you just gave her the refund," the police officer advised in a low voice. "She's probably crazy, so just spend the money and buy yourself some peace."

Russell was annoyed at the officer's lack of help. "She wants all the money we have here," he said. "She has already worn the clothes for a month and the tags have been removed. How can we possibly give her a refund? Besides, this isn't my shop. I'm just a manager, and I don't have the authority to make that decision."