20. Bound by love and secrets!

The next morning, Becky in Freen's body got up early to exercise. Becky was an exercise addict when she was home. She went to the home gym and started with her routine. Richie was an exercise addict too, often joining his sister.

When Richie saw Freen there, he smiled, noticing Becky wasn't around. Becky in Freen's body smiled back and greeted him, remembering that she was in Freen's body this time.

Richie asked, "How's Becky now?"

"She needs to rest for a few days," Becky in Freen's body replied.

Richie said, "Well, about my offer last night, can you please join me for lunch today? I promise to bring you back home safely. Please!"

Feeling pity for her brother, Becky in Freen's body agreed, though she felt nervous about how Freen might react. She decided to apologize later and let it be for now.

Richie and Becky in Freen's body laughed and enjoyed their workout. Becky talked to him as a sister, but Richie spoke to her as Freen, the girl he admired.

It was noon, and Becky in Freen's body was getting ready to go out with Richie. Freen in Becky's body, who had just woken up, saw Becky preparing and asked, "Where are you going?"

"Freen, eat the food next to you. I'll be back by evening. I'm going out with Richie. Bye!" Becky in Freen's body said hurriedly.

Freen nodded, but as Becky in Freen's body ran out of the room and headed to the car with Richie, realization dawned on her. Becky was in her body and was going on a date with Richie.

"Damn it, Becky messed up really bad this time," Freen thought, feeling a wave of anger and frustration.

Suddenly, the room door opened, and Becky's mom walked in. She hugged Freen in Becky's body and asked, "How are you, Becky?"

"I'm fine, Mom. Just a little tired because of the case. I'll be fine soon," Freen in Becky's body replied.

"Take more rest, Becky. Don't stress yourself so much, okay?" Becky's mom said gently.

For Freen, it was a new experience to be cared for like this. Except for Nam, her co-worker, who occasionally asked about her well-being, she wasn't used to this kind of attention. Freen found comfort in Becky's mom's concern and wanted to stay with them longer.

Becky's mom changed the topic, "So Becky, what do you think about Richie and Freen together? They make a good pair, don't you think?"

Freen in Becky's body froze. She hadn't expected this question. She trembled but managed to say, "Mom, you should first know if Freen loves someone or not. You can't just force her into things."

Becky's mom nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, Becky, I know. I'll ask her later if they both get along well. I was just asking for your opinion. And you know, she's an orphan. She'll have a family if she marries your brother."

Freen in Becky's body wanted to blurt out that she loved Becky and not Richie, but she wasn't sure how Becky's parents would react.

"Mom, you know, back in the palace where we had that mysterious case, there was a couple forbidden to love. The princess's father killed her lover, and she took revenge on the kingdom. They believed I was that princess because the paintings and photos in the palace resembled me," Freen said, trying to divert the conversation.

Becky's mom processed the information, her anxiety evident. "So who was the lover that your father killed in the past?" she asked after a few moments of silence.

Freen in Becky's body felt a surge of nervousness but managed to say, "Mom, it was none other than Freen!"

Becky's mom was shocked. "What, Becky? Are you sure?"

Freen in Becky's body took her phone and showed the photo of the painting she had clicked in the palace.

Becky's mom stared at the photo, stunned by the revelation. Freen in Becky's body finally said, "And Mom, I have no doubt that I do love Freen more than anyone. I love her as a partner!"

..............