Fate's whisper

Taehyung can only hear the sound of waves crashing to the shore. He moved forward with the help of moonlight which was only the light source there. He was restless searching for the younger in the vast place.

He was getting agitated every second he could get a sight of the said man. Be ruffled his head when in frustration. Where the hell he could be?

He was going to turn on his flash light to get some more visibility when he heard a small sniffle. He turned around frantically to find the source of the sound. He stilled at the place he was standing when he saw the younger leaned back on a rock and was seeing something on his phone. He could see the shimmering of his eyes from the light Emitting from the phone.

"Jungkook? " He called softly not to startle the younger with his presence. Jungkook stiffed at the call of the elder. He turned off the phone immediately and turned to the side to find the elder staring at him.

"Oh-" He shook off the remaining tears in his eyes before looking at the elder again. "Why are you here Taehyung? It's late. " He was going to raise on his feet when Taehyung came forward pushing his shoulder to make him sit on the same spot.

"Isn't it my question? What are you doing out here late at night huh? " He tried to make eye contact but the younger was not going to raise his head to look at him.

Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the waves. Looking at them crashing fro and back on the rocks.

"I just wanted some time alone. It was loud there at the party" He looked at his hands again.

"Is it? " Taehyung decided to change the topic as he got that the younger was uncomfortable on talking about that. He was going to talk to him about things he avoided talking from the time he saw the younger in the morning. "How have you been? All these years? " It was silent with only the sound of waves hitting the rocks. The wind was blowing making both of their hairs messy. Taehyung took a good look at the younger who was breathtakingly etheral by the moon light.

"Me? I was okay taehyung. Tell me about you, I haven't heard from the day I left US" He sounded not confident. He don't want to hear that taehyung had moved on. He hate to hear he has a own partner in his life.

But that's the closure he need. He deserved them. He was the one who lost the gem when it was in his own fucking hands. He will never forgive himself for that.

"I have been good" He breathed out. He looked at the time in his phone, it's nearly 3 in the morning. He sent a message to jimin that he had found jungkook and told him he will take care and asked the link haired man to rest. "I've charged on jakson the same day you left" He voiced out.

"You did? Good tae. I was worried because of that asshole" He said trying to give the elder a smile. But it pained him physically to do so.
It hurts to pretend.

"I'm sorry I told those words to you that day. I literally lost control of my own words. I'm sorry. " He ment about the day he lashed out on the younger because of jakson.

"It's okay tae. It's not like I don't deserve them" He breathed out heavily. He turned to the elder to take a look at him closely. Who knows Whether he will get a chance to do it again.

"I've received all your letters Gguk, but I don't know how to reply to them. I was not in a right state of mind for almost the first 6 months after you left. I just started to drink and-" He was cut off by jungkook.

"I-its okay tae. I understand. There is no need to explain yourself" He gave a pained smile to the man whose eyebrows were pulled in confusion.

Taehyung knows there is no one In jungkook's life. He got to know them from jimin. He did. He knows it's only pain which was shared between them because of holding on all those past memories. He knows the younger regrets it and tried to mend by putting all his efforts. And Taehyung was going to acknowledge it. He will end both their misery today.