27) Psychopaths Make Good Company

Season 2 - Episode 20

Come morning, Mikayla Marshall was still extremely pissed about her altercation outside of the Grill.

It didn't help that the night ahead was a full moon and her anger was already magnified by ten. She'd broken her wardrobe by opening the door too aggressively and nearly put a hole in her wall because of almost having to kill someone.

And so, to vent the smouldering fires of her annoyance, she marched over to the Salvatore house and almost broke that door too when she swung it open.

"Mikayla?!" Elena exclaimed.

"Okay, can we kill Klaus now?" Was the first thing she asked, barely even assessing the room beforehand. "I thought I could sleep it off, you know? Maybe it wasn't a big deal. And maybe it's just because it's a full moon tonight, but I'm actually seriously pissed over it!"

Her little outburst had brought on a veil of silence and it gave her a chance to look over who she was talking to. Stefan and Elena were in the room, but there was also an impeccably dressed man in a suit. She didn't know him, but he carried a certain air that instilled both nerves and curiosity in her.

"Who are you?" She asked much more rudely than she intended.

Finally, the silence was lifted.

"My name is Elijah." The man replied.

She showed surprise. She knew of him, of course. He was one of the Originals she'd heard so much about, but she hadn't had the chance to see him in person yet. And the last time she checked, he had been daggered.

His voice was calm, yet she couldn't help but feel that he could rip someone's head off as easy as breathing. Well, being one of the oldest vampires in history, she didn't doubt it.

"Mikayla." She said.

"The werewolf." Elijah stated. "That explains the temper."

"Everyone has to keep reminding me of that, don't they? Well, I'll tell you what, Mr. Fancy Ass-"

"Mikayla, what happened with Klaus?" Stefan asked, referring to her initial rant.

"What?" She moved her attention to him, now remembering. "Oh. Yeah. I was attacked last night."

Elena straightened up. "Are you okay?"

Her face dropped and she spoke with a deadpan tone. "No, I'm dead."

Another silence.

"Sorry." She sighed. "Yes, I'm fine. But the guy who attacked me said that a werewolf was needed to break the curse. And who do we know that wants to break a curse?"

"But you haven't killed." Stefan pointed out. "Unless…"

"Seriously? You think that little of me? No, I didn't kill him. But it was pretty obvious he was sent to make me. He's gonna be out for at least another twelve hours."

"Are you serious?"

"In my defense, the moon was almost full and I was left unsupervised."

"So you're okay?" Elena asked again.

"As I established, yes. But we need to get rid of Klaus. It's a full moon tonight and if he wants a werewolf that desperately, I might not be able to control myself next time."

"We can assume Klaus is prepared to break the curse tonight." Elijah said.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon Curse is fake." Stefan said. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."