Chapter Six: A Fight in the Woods

I was standing towards the front of the jet near Steve and Tony, I was trying to keep an eye on Loki. There was something off about all of this.

"Stop trying to read my mind mortal," Loki said with a smirk. I groaned as once more the mental block he put up shut me out. I turned my attention back to Steve and Tony. 

"I don't like it," Steve said out loud, saying what we were all thinking. 

I nodded my head in agreement, "I feel the same way."

"What? Rock of ages giving up so easy?" Tony asked sarcastically.

"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop," Steve retorted.

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older feller. What's your thing? Pilates?" Tony said to Steve.

"What?" Steve asked, obviously not sure what Pilates was. I felt a little bad for him, Tony for sure had an ego and it didn't help that Steve was such a nice guy.

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle."

Steve then stepped up to Tony, meeting his ego now. I can feel a cat fight about to start.

"Fury didn't tell me you were coming in," Steve stated, his face hard now. 

"Yeah well there's a lot Fury doesn't tell you," Tony replied, looking at me now too. 

"Or maybe you miss all of it since your head is always stuck up your ass," I said, finally putting my input in. I don't know who he thinks he is but I'm about over it.

"I'm sorry who but who said the preschooler could talk?"

This made my eyes light up, he was about to get it. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me back.

"He's not worth it," Steve's voice whispered in my ear. I completely calmed down at his touch and voice. What is happening to me?

Before I could say anything else the plane was tossed around. There must be a storm coming in.

"Where's this coming from?" I heard Natasha ask.

I watched as Loki's face showed evidence of worry.

"What is the big bad God scared of a little lightning?" I asked with a fake pout.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," he said still looking around.

What in the world was his problem? I could tell everyone else was just as confused.

"What-" I started before the back of the jet opened and a man came flying through.

I stuck my hands up ready to fight if I needed to, but in all honesty I was really confused. Then he grabbed Loki and took off out of the plane. I lowered my hands, what now? I gave Steve a confused look and he nodded his head like he was on the same page.

"Now's there's that guy," Tony said.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asked from the front of the plane.

"Think that guys a friendly?" Steve asked.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost ," Tony retorted heading towards the back of the plane.

I guess he plans to do everything on his own then. Steve must've been thinking the same because before Tony jumped out he called out after him.

"Stark we need a plan of attack," Steve called after Tony, who was now at the back of the plane. 

"I have a plan. Attack," he stated cockily. I couldn't help but roll my eyes as he closed his helmet and jumped out the back of the plane.

"He does have a nice exit," I said sarcastically. 

Steve ran over to the parachute and grabbed it before I could. There is no way he was going and leaving me behind in this plane.

I stood in his way, blocking the path to the end of the plane. I was not being left behind. 

"I've got this," I said stubbornly, not moving. 

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha called out.

"Exactly just stay behind and I'll take care of everything," I told him, grabbing the parachute. Even though I hate parachuting it's my only option. I have been testing my abilities at teleporting, something I only recently found out I can do, only catch is I have to see where I'm going. As of right now I can't see the ground.

"I don't see how I can," Steve replied, grabbing the parachute back from me. "You're not going alone." 

"Well, neither are you," I replied, crossing my arms now. 

He really doesn't like to give in. Neither do I.

"These guys come from legends, they're basically gods," Natasha said from the front.

"There see she knows what she's talking about," I told him, trying to grab the parachute again. 

"There's only one God ma'am and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that," Steve said replied simply before walking past me. 

Before he could jump out I grabbed his arm, "take me with you. This is my mission too."

He gave me a nod, "hold on tight."

I did as I was told and basically bear hugged the life out of him. We jumped out of the plane, I knew I should have been scared but as corny as this sounds I felt safe in his arms. They were strong and firm, but warm and sweet. I have no idea what I am even thinking. Since when did I become a Hallmark card?

We landed on the ground and we both stood there for a moment, I looked up as his blue eyes and I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

"Uh thanks for not letting go," I told him.

He chuckled a little, "my pleasure ma'am."

Then we heard a rumble and made our way over to where Thor and Tony were fighting. Steve and I were on a rock overlooking the two. They were fighting like two frat boys.

Cap flung his shield hitting both of them catching their attention.

"Hey that's enough!"

He jumped down and I teleported beside him.

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes," Thor explained, as if this were enough for us to understand just why he snatched the god of mischief from our plane. 

"Then prove it, put the hammer down," Steve said trying to persuade him.

"Um yeah, no. He loves his hammer," Tony commented.

Thor must've not liked this because he hit Tony flinging him backwards. He then started to raise his hammer. This can't be good and I don't really have a force field.

"You want me to put the hammer down?" Thor yelled.

Steve grabbed me by the waist and ducked down and covered us both with the Shield. There was a powerful bang and thankfully him and I were okay. We slowly rose up and looked around, the forest was silent now.

"Are we done here?"