Chapter Fifteen: Maybe There's a Chance?

~A/N Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment and share if you like it :)~

I looked all around me and there was so much madness. I didn't even know where to start. I looked up and saw Loki on one of the Chitauri flying chariots. Before I could teleport to him he was gone in an instant. There were people running all different directions. I started panicking mentally, Steve looked over at me. He gave me a reassuring nod. Even though I could see a slight bit of fear in his eyes too. He turned his attention back to what was going on around us.

"Don't think about it Smith," Natasha said quickly, her own eyes following where mine were. 

"I can handle Loki," I replied curtly, knowing I wanted my own revenge on the God of Mischief. 

"How'd that work out last time?" Clint interjected, as he shot an arrow through one of the Chitauri. 

"You're one to talk," I muttered, before teleporting away and stabbing one, taking him down quickly. I teleported back to the group, the things coming from every direction. 

"These people need assistance down there," Steve said as he looked down the bridge we were on. "No one is going after Loki just yet." 

A couple of Chitauri fired at us. Instantly I teleported behind one and knifed him and he was down. Natasha fired at another one and they were taken care, two down and a million more to go. I teleported myself back towards the team.

"We got this. It's good. Go!" Natasha told Steve.

He grabbed me by the waist and gave me a passionate, but quick kiss, "just in case we don't make it back."

"Don't think that way," I told him.

"You think you can hold them off?" he asked Clint, ignoring my comment. I guess he didn't want to be to optimistic in this alien war.

"Captain," Clint said while loading up an arrow, "it would be my genuine pleasure."

He releases an arrow and it shoots a Chitauri in the head. With that, Steve gives me one last smile and he takes off.

"Are ya'll ready for a fun time?" I asked sarcastically as I fight off a couple of the Chitauri. I use my telekinesis to throw rubble at their heads.

"Just like Budapest all over again," Natasha states as she is firing her guns at a few of the aliens.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently," Clint commented.

"You guys never did tell me what happened there," I stated, before I teleported behind a couple of the aliens and stabbed them in the neck. I teleported back beside Clint who was ducked behind a car.

"And we're never going to," he finished the conversation, just like every other time I asked about Budapest. Those two and that mission. 

As we start to become more and more surrounded. My power energy was running a little weak, and I was starting to get muscle cramps. Before I know it Steve is back and hops right into the fight. We are all about to get taken down when lightning comes out of nowhere and several were taken out at once.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked Thor.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor told him.

"Just great news," I said sarcastically, firing an energy blast towards several of the aliens, taking them out. 

"Thor's right though, we have to deal with these guys," Tony butted in, all of us connected through our ear pieces.

"How do we do this," Natasha asked, I could see in her eyes she was getting tired too.

"As a team," Steve said simply.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor said.

"Yeah get in line," I told him.

"Hey I'm first in line," Clint spoke up. He was brainwashed by the guy, way longer than I was.

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." Steve started to trail off. As I follow where he is looking I see Bruce coming up on a motorcycle. I thought he would be long gone by now.

"So, this all seems horrible," he states a little awkwardly as he pulls up. He got off the cycle, letting it fall to the ground. 

"I've seen worse,"  Natasha told him.

"Sorry."

"No. We could use a little worse," she told him. His face brightened a little bit.

"Stark we got him," Steve said in the earpiece.

"Banner?" Tony asked, we could all hear Tony in our earpieces.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you," Tony said.

As we look towards the sky a huge Chitauri Leviathan is flying through the sky. The thing was huge and terrifying.

"I uh.. I don't see how that's a party," I said as my mouth hung open slightly.

Tony comes in closer as it follows really close behind him.

Steve turns to Bruce, "Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret Captain. I'm always angry."

I watch as he turns toward the monster. His body slowly starts to transform. I feel a little nervous because I have never been this close to the other guy. It's a little unnerving.

I watched in disbelief as he grabs the monster and slams it to the ground. I was impressed as the whole thing plummeted into the ground.

We may have a chance here.