Chapter Eighteen: Will You Go With Me?

We all walked with Thor and Loki, who was now captured and secured, and walked them out. They were going back to Asgard. They had the Tesseract with them. Hopefully it would be kept safe for now.

The whole team, the whole universe, was trusting Thor with this. He would keep it safe on Asgard, at least that's what we hoped for. 

Thor goes around and shakes all of our hands. It was a simple goodbye but we all knew in our hearts this wouldn't be the end. A beam shoots down and right before my eyes they are gone. Just like that.

Banner and Stark waved goodbye and they got into one of Tony's sports car. They sped off together and I saw Banner wave one last time.

Natasha and Clint lingered behind.

"Where are you going now?" Clint asked me, not sure where to start. We've lost a lot of time, but I wasn't too sure myself. 

"I have some figuring out to do," I say looking towards Steve who was waiting at his motorcycle.

"Be careful, and if he hurts you just remind him who your brother is," Clint threatened.

I laughed and gave both him and Natasha a hug, "you be safe too Nat."

"I always am," she said with a smirk.

The two both walked off and got into a SHIELD car and drove off. I walked towards Steve who was leaning against his motorcycle. Both of us in our casual clothes now.

"So what are our plans Captain?" I asked him with a smile across my face. Feeling some sort of relief now that the city of New York was rid of the alien army. 

This fight pulled us together in a way I never saw coming. 

"Well I was thinking we could go on a real date now, and maybe get to know each other even better. I don't know how much closer we can get though, fighting in an alien war side by side tends to bond people," he said back, "Will you go with me?"

"I think that's a good idea, of course I'll go with you. I kinda really like you," I said with a shy smile. I wasn't the best with emotions but I think he knows what I'm trying to say.

He gave me a smile and grabbed both of my cheeks with his hand, "I kinda really like you too."

He gave me a long kiss that expressed every emotion we felt for each other. We have been through a lot with each other through this  experience and he was honestly the best person to have around. I have never found someone who has excepted me the way he does. We both pulled apart and stared in each others eyes.

He climbed onto the motorcycle and I got on the back. Before we took off I had to tell him something huge.

"Plus I think I remember what the name of the facility where I was being experimented on," I told him, now a little more serious, "I was hoping I could have you help me out with this." When I was knocked out of the building when that bomb went off, I had a memory suddenly flash through my mind.

I knew what I was going to tell him would change things even more. Especially because I knew I wanted to get to the bottom of this. I wanted to bring them down. 

"What is it?" he asked concerned.

"Hydra."

I watched as he tightened his grip on the handlebars. He started the motorcycle up and we were gone. Together.