Chapter 6.

Lucy returned home from the academy, exhausted both physically and mentally. She trudged through the front door, dropping her bag on the floor. Little did she know that her world was about to be turned upside down. As she rounded the corner into the living room she froze in horror. Her bedroom door wide open, all her diaries spread on the floor, her pills and her untaken medication. Lucy bolted towards her room, panic rose in her chest as she saw her belongings tossed around- drawers pulled open, clothes everywhere. Tears welled in her eyes as Tim and Angela approached her. Angela explained the idea of rehab..and that she had no choice. Lucy snapped. Shrieking in protest as she hurled insults, in a desperate attempt to distract herself of what was about to happen. She pleaded with Angela not to make her but Angela remained firm. Angela spoke softly "come on lu, lets go.." Lucy shook her head, backing away.

With heavy hearts Angela and Tim neared her, holding her arms and legs while attempting to console her, despite her resistance they managed to wrestle her into submission long enough to drag her kicking and screaming towards the car waiting outside. As they approached the vehicle Lucy continued to kick and scream. Angela opened the backseat door guiding Lucy into the seat, speaking softly to try calm her.

However, every word fell on deaf ears as Lucy was fixated on escaping from this nightmare. Tim sat beside Lucy, securing her seatbelt whilst keeping a watchful eye on her movements, prepared for any sudden outburst or attempts at escape. Angela climbed into the driver's seat before pulling out on the road and heading towards the centre.

Arriving at the clinic, Angela and Tim helped Lucy out of the car, supporting her fragile frame as they walked towards the entrance. The building looked sterile and intimidating, its windows reflecting the harsh fluorescent lights illuminating the hallways. Inside , they were led to a small conference room where a team of professionals awaited them. Doctors, nurses, therapists and nutritionists introduced themselves. Lucy broke down again, sobbing uncontrollably into her hands as a nurse took her hand sympathetically. Angela and Tim teared up as they watched helplessly as the nurse took Lucy away into the corridor..

They prayed silently that this place could bring Lucy back to life..