71

I didn't sleep at all last night, I'm afraid I'll fall back into the void, I re read my mom's letter again and again, at this point I think I can even recite it word to word. I scribbled on parchments, making origami butterflies, I didn't realise how many of them I made until I looked around, surrounded by those paper butterflies

I was so lost with my thoughts that I didn’t even realize when I was no longer alone. I jolted with a start, my head turning to look in the direction of the door.

"What in merlin's name were you doing," he asks frowning as he looks at the origami butterflies I was surrounded with, while sitting on the floor.

"What does it look like? I'm folding paper butterflies, or was folding paper butterflies," I ask nonchalantly as I continue to fold some more.

"That's a colossal waste of time-" he says disapprovingly as he glances at the origami butterflies again.

"Well I like them," I replied with a shrug, "And you are wasting your time by watching me fold paper butterflies,"

"Oh yeah? Then I suppose you don't want these" he says taking shoving a hand in the bag he had with him and pulling out the bag of chips.

The list of things I gave him.

I immediately perk up as I see the bag of chips. “The chips," I get up immediately being careful not to step on the origami butterflies as I walked towards him and snatched the satchel and the bag of chips from him.

"Did you bring everything? The books?" I ask looking through the bag

He nodded. "Yes, I brought you everything. Even the cupcake mould," he said rolling his eyes

"And the books?"

"Yes, the books are there too" He said with a slight annoyance in his tone. "Do you realise how much time I just wasted in finding those damn things"

I didn't respond to his question, but my eyes wandered Inside the bag as I see a book, a loud sigh left me as I read the title,
"Chaos magic."

"I removed the spell, so you can read it maybe put it to some use" he adds as I opened the book flipping through the pages, he had studied hell lot because the book was filled with annotations.

A book about chaos magic and it's filled with notes? This is like a gold mine to me

"You like— annotated the entire book?" I raised an eyebrow

"Just a few tips about what to do and what not to do, so you don't accidentally kill yourself or turn into a monster, and also, be extremely careful while practicing, chaos magic always finds a way back if not properly channeled. It's unstable and could get out of control and end up hurting you or your surroundings. But if you do manage to channel it in some way… you could be dangerous," he leaned back against the wall.

Chaos magic was like the most volatile magic, the magic that you shouldn’t use unless you know damn well what you’re doing. But now it was all right here in front of me, all I needed to do was practice. I knew the consequences if I messed up… but I was willing to risk it. I will learn how to do that. "You studied all this after you watched me for months?" I asked him, my eyes still glued to the book.

He looked at me, rolling his eyes "Yes I did. Just so it's clear, I'm not helping you because I like you, the only reason I'm doing it because I want you out of my hands" he says as he folded his arm and leaned back more against the wall.