76

Nicolas Malfoy

Nicolas was not sure how long it had been before he finally surrendered to sleep along with her, or how long he slept but when he opened his eyes again, he noticed it was morning, he remembered them talking until she doze off. He was leaning back on the couch, he have adjusted them so that he was leaning onto the armrest of the couch with her leaned against him.

Her head was tucked in the crook of his neck, his chin laying on the top of my head, her lips brushing onto his neck.

He didn't really know what to say. He's sure he should have felt embarrassed but he didn't. He also wasn't sure why would she cry all the time over the littlest things. She said she didn't want to fall asleep so she doesn't fall back into the void, he knits his brows, running the word 'void' over and over again in his mind.

He's almost sure he had read something about it in a book.

Her breath was warm against his skin, and the sun light that filtered through the open window fell across her skin, turning her pale face golden.

A few strands of her hair fell across her face, and he found his hand moving before he even thought and pulled open her hairs, letting them cascade down her shoulders.

And she moved then, shifting against him, one of her arms snaking around his waist. Her eyes fluttered open and for a second she looked at him, a slight confused look on her face before her eyes widened and she abruptly sat up, her head hitting his chin.

"Merlin half-blood," he mumbled rubbing his chin as she sat up.

She looked up at him, blinking a few times as if adjusting to the sudden light.
For a moment she just sat there looking at him a look of embarrassment clear on her face.

"You're still here," she finally said, her tone betraying her surprise "I thought you would have snuck away the first chance you got"

"What do you take me for?" He said, sounding somewhat affronted "I am a man of my words, I told you one condition, I would walk out if you cried. You fulfilled your end, I'm fulfilling my end"

"That's awfully noble of you," she said somewhat softly, her gaze not meeting his eyes, "if I'm being honest you're the last person I would have wanted my pity party crying session with"

"Well, I'm not too happy about it either," He said, his voice tinged with annoyance, "Your crying was giving me a bloody headache"

His body felt suddenly empty as she pulled back, her face flushing with embarrassment.

"Sorry about ruining your beauty sleep," She said, trying and failing to hide her annoyance "Next time I'll find someone who actually gives a damn"

A low chuckle escapes the back of his throat, and he couldn't help but found the corner of his lips twitching into a small smile  "You actually should but unfortunately this is my cabin, so no one else for you," he said with a cocky smirk, leaning back onto the armrest of the couch.

He watched as she rolled her eyes and said "You're an asshole" a bit of light returned to her face as she said it.

"And you're annoyingly emotional." He commented, tilting his head to the side, "You are, you're emotional, you're sensitive, you're dramatic," He spoke as he listed off all the qualities he found irritating.

She snorted, shaking her head. "Thanks for that lovely analysis, Malfoy" She said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I'll be sure to write that down in my journal, under the things I don't give a fuck about"

"You cry over everything," He said, "It's not normal" he added simply "I've seen you cry over the dumbest things because you couldn't sleep or because you didn't want to sleep? Because you couldn't win an argument, because I did that healing spell on your bones for your own good," he listed every single irrational thing he saw her cry over.