9

Hyunjin carefully placed the blond boy on the bed and stood back next to Minho, taking his hand again. Both were worried sick.

"And you are?" the nurse asked as she opened the 'students' files. "J-Jisung... Han Jisung..." he replied, his voice filled with pain.

"Alright, Jisung... what did you eat last?" This was the last thing Minho heard before he drifted into his thoughts.

What's going on in your life, sweetie?

Why do I feel the need to protect you?...

Why do WE feel the need to protect you?

You've messed with our heads since you came along...

Although Minho was lost in his thoughts, Hyunjin focused solely on the scene before him.

"Here's a pill, take it with some water and you can rest here," the nurse smiled and returned to her desk, where Jisung's file lay open.

"We need to call your legal guardian, Jisung. Who should we contact?" She continued searching for information on the computer.

"No!" Jisung cried out, fear evident in his voice. His outburst snapped the eldest out of his thoughts.

In contrast, Hyunjin, who had been patiently listening to the entire conversation, smiled slightly.

Bingo.

"Excuse me? We need to inform them that you are unwell," the nurse said, confused, tilting her head to the side.

"U-um... I'll call home myself," he slowly sat up, looking at her with pleading eyes.

"Alright, but someone will have to take you home," she conceded.

"Rest here for a while, boys, you can stay with him. I need to step out for a moment," the nurse said softly as she stood up and left the room.

"Get some sleep, Ji. I need to talk to Minho," Hyunjin said, gently stroking the blond boy's hair before signaling for Minho to follow him.

Once the door closed behind them, Hyunjin turned to Minho and took his hand.

"Love, what's going on? You've been so distant lately," Hyunjin asked, looking directly into his boyfriend's eyes.

"I can't stop thinking about Jisung. I don't know what's happening to me," Minho admitted, lowering his gaze to the floor.

"I'm sorry, love," Hyunjin suddenly apologized.

"Why are you apologizing, Hyun?" Minho asked, tilting his head in confusion as he looked back at the younger boy.

"I'm falling for him," Hyunjin whispered. Minho knew exactly what he meant, as he had been feeling the same. He was confident Hyunjin hadn't lost his feelings for him; they were too close for that. It was simply a matter of emotions that couldn't be controlled, and love was love.

Minho secretly hoped that Jisung would develop some emotional connection to them as well. The idea of exploring new things and being in a polyamorous relationship had always intrigued him, though he would never admit it. His love for Hyunjin was unwavering and would never change.

"Me too, Hyun, me too," Minho replied after a moment of silence. He took Hyunjin's hand and pulled him closer.

" I love you," he said with a slight smile, giving him a quick peck. But Hyunjin wasn't satisfied with just a peck; he pulled Minho into a deep kiss, murmuring a quick "I love you too, love" against his lips.

Meanwhile, Jisung felt much better after taking the pill. Slowly, he sat up, and when he no longer felt such intense pain, he stood up completely.

I feel a lot better.

He smiled to himself. He didn't like taking pills, he wasn't allowed to, but when things got really bad, he always found a way to take one.

In a moment, he got lost in his thoughts, but then he was interrupted by voices. The blond boy couldn't help himself and followed the voices. He discreetly peeked through the open door and saw Minho and Hyunjin kissing. His heart started racing.

I probably shouldn't just stand here and watch.

The blond boy slowly turned to leave, but then he heard Minho's voice.

"Hyunjin... we're at school," he murmured between kisses. Jisung turned back around and froze again. The sight of Hyunjin's hands wrapped around the older boy's waist and Minho leaning against the wall with his hands in the taller boy's messy hair. The sounds of kisses and clothes rustling.

Jisung didn't understand why he couldn't look away. He just stood there, feeling butterflies in his stomach.

Butterflies, really? You are crushing on a couple?

What? No! I'm just confused...

He sighed quietly and closed the door slightly. He didn't know what had come over him. He stood there for a moment until he heard voices again.

"Love?" Hyunjin addressed the older boy. Minho just nodded to show he was listening.

"You know... I wanted to discuss something. It's about Jisung," Hyunjin said quietly so the youngest wouldn't hear. If only he knew.

What? About me?

"Is something wrong?" Minho asked, concerned. "I think something is happening at his home." he said and then moved closer to the older one. "Maybe that's why he tried to..." he whispered in his ear. Fortunately, the youngest didn't hear that.

The blond boy standing behind the door widened his eyes in confusion.

How did they figure it out?

It's obvious, you silly.

"Do you think so? But it would make sense, Hyun," the oldest spoke, scratching the back of his head. Of course, this thought had crossed his mind, but he hadn't paid it much attention because he wasn't a hundred percent sure.

What would make sense?

"Shouldn't we try to help him?" the taller boy asked. Upon hearing this, Jisung panicked. He quickly looked around the room to find an escape route. He spotted a door on the other side of the room.

Could that be an office?

He walked over to the door and carefully opened it. Inside was a room with a desk.

I was right.

He smiled to himself and stepped inside. The room was small, most likely for the nurse, but he wasn't sure.

He quickly scanned the room and saw another door. His heart was pounding, unsure of what to do, but he opened the door and found a hallway.

What luck I have.

With this last thought, he stepped into the hallway and then hurried away.

A/n: hello! I am back with another update. Hope you like it!