CHAPTER 19● MEETING HIM

PRISHA/ POV...

Before heading to college, I was also preparing myself to meet Mr. Agnivanshi. I need to have that conversation with him to address the questions swirling in my mind and find some peace. After one last look in the mirror, I headed out of my room, slowly descending the stairs. Father was engrossed in the newspaper, and my eyes scanned for Mother, who was coming from the house temple with my sister-in-laws.

" 'Good morning, everyone",' I greeted them.

"'Good morning, dear,'""they all replied in unison, and I accepted the Aarti from Mother. As I consumed the Prasad, Ashvi bhabhi asked,

"'Feeling better now that your tiredness is gone?'"

I replied, "'I'm feeling much better. My exams finished just the day before yesterday, so I had trouble sleeping and felt exhausted yesterday.' "I lied to them because I wasn't ready to share the truth just yet..

"Ohhh my god !!! " only then we heard dad voice which seemed shocked

" Mom asked dad, 'What happened? Why do you look so shocked, as if you've seen a ghost?'

Dad replied, '"Someone has murdered Jayanarayan's son Vicky Bhanushali."

' I was also shocked upon hearing the name  and quickly moved towards dad to snatch the paper from his hand.

"'I gapsed, Vicky is dead,' I said. This news shook me to the core. Vicky was a boy from my class. Who could have killed him and why?

As I looked at the paper, my eyes widened and I felt a pang in my heart seeing how mercilessly someone had killed him -

" his body had been burned with acid and then cut into pieces."

'How can someone do this to another person?'' I thought and I felt my eyes watery seeing the his dead body pics which were printed in newspaper

I knew him from college, actually from my class. I admit he had some bad habits and wasn't a great guy, but no one deserve this  .
I feel hurt hearing about his death.

" what the hell is happening in this world?"' I thought.

I don't know what is happening in this world, why doesn't everything happen peacefully, why don't people live peacefully with love with each other.

"He was your classmate prisha, right "Dad asked and his voice make me come out from my thoughts

  Yes !! 'He was my classmate,' I added, my voice breaking as I absorbed the painful news.

" 'Who killed  him and in such a cruel way?' maa asked in disbelief...

""Vicky's family came over for a party at our place last night. It's possible that the police might also swing by to ask us some questions about his passing," mentioned dad. Shreyansh bhai then appeared from outside, chatting on the phone.

"Yeah, I showed you the CCTV footage, and Jai Narayan mentioned that the  all guests and his family left after the party till then his son was fine  so  Whatever happened to their son, it must have been on the way or at their home," he continued while on the call. It was evident he was speaking to a police officer regarding Vicky's death. After a brief conversation, he ended the call.

"Who was that on the phone?" Dad queried.

"The Commissioner was gathering details about Vicky's death. Since Vicky's family was here for the party yesterday, he wanted to know if anyone at the party had something to do with it," bhai explained...

___________^__

I'm just sitting in my room, with all these different thoughts swirling around in my head. Vicky's unexpected passing really hit me hard, and then whatever went down between Mr. Agniwanshi and me last night is adding even more to the mix.