8 - Shopping

It was a very sunny morning in Madrid. It was very different here. Far from California, where I live. California can be a beautiful place sometimes. Like the beach and such. My street in California is not very crowded as in busy. In Madrid, people are everywhere. They are probably walking to coffee shops and places. We were basically in a traffic so I stole myself a quick observance. The traffic was long. I've never had traffics before until now. It's so bad it made me want to jump out of the car. It was getting hot too. But Gareth's car didn't have a top so it was okay but the sun was hitting me. I think I'm getting tanned by now. The only good thing was that I had glasses. Eyes are important as your parents have said.

Finally, my patience burst, "Oh my gosh when is this light turning green?!" I couldn't hold it anymore. I mean clearly this is ridiculous. Gareth turned to me. His hands were not on the steering wheel anymore as he was waiting just like me.

"Get used to it." He firmly said.

"Get used to it? Are you freakin' serious?! DO YOU THINK THAT WILL HELP MY PATIENCE?" I querulous very loudly.

"Cous," Gareth whispered. "not trying to make you look embarrassed but you're making a tantrum scene." He stated. My head shot up. I looked around me and he was right. My cheeks turned red and I looked down trying to avoid the stares.

I let out a sigh of relief once I felt the car move 4 seconds later. I wanna get out of here. This is just my first day outside in Madrid and I'm already getting embarrassed. This is great.

We were driving good now. No traffics so far so this is nice.

"Hey Avery," Gareth started causing me to reply with a hum. "have you called or texted your mom?" My eyes widened. I was suppose to get in contact with my mom once I safely made it home! She's probably so worried right now. Ugh stupid me.

I hurriedly took my phone out of my pocket but Gareth stopped me.

"I already called your mom right after you fell asleep when we got home. You don't have to worry." Gareth smiled.

"Thank God! You're like a life saver." I appreciated literally trying to hug the sh*t out of Gareth.

"No need to thank, just be happy Gareth Frank Bale is your cousin." Gareth jokingly bragged. I rolled my eyes.

***

Gareth drove us to this mall. I didn't know how to pronounce it though since it is Spanish. There were a lot of people in the mall once we got out of the car. It took us a minimum of 20 minutes to find an open parking lot. Almost all of them were taken but we found a spot.

We walked inside the mall and wow. It looked better than the outside! It was not just an ordinary mall. I can smell the food already. It was cold too.

"This mall is huge!" I told Gareth.

"Yeah it is. The biggest one here in Madrid." Gareth smiled. I looked at him and smiled back.

"So where's our first stop?" I asked. It didn't take time for Gareth to answer.

"We are going in that Starbucks. We haven't had breakfast yet so might as well." Gareth shrugged. I agreed and we went to Starbucks.

Gareth and I had some drinks and food. We went for drinks to Starbucks then went to Tim Hortons for donuts. There were actually some drinks in Tim Hortons too so we tried them.

"Alright I'm full." I stated. Gareth chuckled.

"You can't be full. We still have a shopping spree to go to."

I groaned, "Ugh, fine. Let's go."

***

(2 Hours Later )