18 - The French

Avery's POV
***

"Those idiots." Isco muttered.

"They're not even here!" I ranted.

I walked around inside the mansion and saw there's nothing big happening at all. Neither is there people inside.

"Come on I'm pretty sure they're in the first mansion." Isco encouraged me. I followed him outside and we got into the car.

"They're up to something." I said to Isco while closing the car door behind me.

"Damn right." Isco agreed with me before hitting the car pedals.

***

I quickly walked to the doorstep and knocked on the big wooden door. Isco and I waited for a few moments but still didn't receive an opened door.

I soon realized I was hearing some muffled noise so I placed my ear against the door.

"I think it's them!" I heard a unfamiliar voice say.

"Who?"

"The team Benzi!" Benzi? Who's Benzi?

"Oh, okay should I get the door?"

"Yeah sure."

"Alright."

After the last word Isco and I finally heard the door open and there revealed familiar looking people.

"Team! Long time no.... see?" Karim started but trailed off.

"Karim you're back!" Isco squealed, jumping on top of Karim.

"Is the team really here?" I heard another person jog beside Karim.

"Raphael!" Isco shouted again, now hopped to Raphael.

"Hello to you too Disco." Raphael joked.

Isco got off him and apologized, "Sorry, it's just that you two are back now."

"No it's fine bud." Karim and Raphael smiled.

"So, where are the others?" Raphael changed the subject, still not noticing me. Like how in the world. I'm right beside Isco and they still can't see me?

"To be clear, I don't know." Isco answered, turning confused.

"Yeah me too they just left me and Isco alone so we went somewhere and when we came back they're not even in the second mansion so we got confused and came back here to see if they were here but it looks like they're not but then we saw you two and now we're even more surprised." I spoke too fast. The two Frenchman's looked at me with wide eyes and immediately started to apologize.

"We are so sorry!" Raphael started.

"We did not know you were there!" Karim stated, trying to defend him and his friend.

I laughed, "It's okay, I was just joking."

The two sighed in good relief and looked back at me. they both looked at me for about 5 seconds then turned back to Isco. Then back to me again, then back again to Isco.

"What?" Isco innocently asked. Karim smirked.

"She yours?" He quietly asked. Isco and I widened both of our eyes and stuttered.

"N-no, no, Karim you got it wrong!" Isco insisted.

"Y-yeah, he's not my uh, boyfriend." I agreed with Isco, looking down to hide the blush that's a bit visible on my cheeks.

"I feel like we should add a 'yet' to that." Raphael said, trying hard not to laugh. I tried to look at Isco and we made eye contact but we automatically looked down again.

"Anyways. . ." Isco started. He coughed and looked back again to the two French in front of us.

"So. . . When did you guys come back?" Isco changed the subject.

"About an hour ago." Karim answered, giving me and Isco the way inside. I walked inside and went to the kitchen.

"Did you have a nice trip back at France?" I heard Isco ask while I placed the two McDonald's bags down in the counter.

"Heck yeah!" Raphael shouted. I walked back to the living room and sat on the couch and joined the conversation.

"We visited our family of course." Karim added.

"That's nice. . ." Isco trailed off. He turned to me and shook his head in realization.

"You guys, I forgot to introduce you to Avery!" Isco introduced me. I looked at him with hesitation and quickly turned back to the other two.

"Uh, Bonjoe!" I tried to say hello in French. Karim and Raphael laughed.

"It's actually Bonjour." Karim corrected me.

"You know, you don't really have to talk French to them." Isco informed me.

"I know I was just trying to impress them." I said.

"Impress? Sure thing babe."

"What?" Me, Raphael, and Karim said together.

"What?" Isco asked himself.

"What do you mean what?" Karim asked in disbelief.

"What."

"What?"

"What did I do?"

"You called Avery babe bro." Raphael told Isco, creating an awkward silence.

"I did?" Isco asked ten seconds later.

"Yes." Karim confirmed.

"Oh." Isco replied in thought.

"Oh!" Isco freaked out. I chuckled.

"Oh my fuck I'm so sorry Avery it just slipped out of my mouth! I'm not kidding it just did! I don't even know why I said that. It's not like I like you or something! And-" I interrupted Isco by placing my index finger to his lip as a sign for him to stop.

"You're rambling babe." I smirked. Isco looked at me with wide eyes.

We heard something click so I removed my hands off of Isco's lips and turned to the two other people.

"That's a nice one!" Raphael told Karim, who was looking at something at his phone.

"Should I send this one?" Karim asked.

"Yeah, yeah!" Raphael squealed.

Karim started typing on his phone and smiled widely.

"That is probably the best proof that Avis-"

"What are you guys doing?" Isco asked.

"Oh my gosh Karim you were about to say the ship name in front of them!" Raphael silently scolded Karim.

"What ship name?" I asked, getting confused.

"Oh nothing." Raphael quickly answered.

Isco and I took quick looks at each other and shrugged our sudden suspicion off.

***
a/n: varane and benzema gives me life bye