Chapter 5 Be My Drummer!

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

~ Tenten's POV ~

"You what?" I asked it might have been just me, though did she really just ask me to start a band with her?

"What I said was 'do you want to help me start a band?'" Hinata repeated herself as I watched as her smile grew wider.

Taken back, couldn't begin to decide how I was feeling right now. First off, we just meet. Second, we barely know each other. This has to be a joke, right? Though, for some reason, I didn't want it to be.

"How can we start a band if we barely know each other, you do know that we just met, right? And for all you know I might not even know if I play." Even if this is a joke, I had to prove my point. You can't just ask random ask people to create a band with you. It takes more than that to make a band, you have to have a relationship with the person, connections and other stuff.

"It's not the looks of a person that show that they have a passion for music. It's the way they carry themselves, the way acts. And you my friend are a drummer. Though how I know that is all shown in your hands." She said as pointed to them. "Though it doesn't really show, I can see all those calluses, yeah you could have gotten those at practice games or whatever people say you do though I've seen hands like your before, and I could easily tell that there from countless hours of play you drummers. Am I wrong?"

I couldn't find the words to speak back as I could only stare at her in awe. I then looked at my hands once more before I made a thought fist with them. I then faced Hinata. Though this might be no big deal for anyone else it was to me.

"I don't know how you knew, but I'm sorry I can't help you start a silly band. Though I won't deny that I do play the drums, I'm sorry but I just can't help you. The bell is going to ring soon so I guess you should go and get ready." I said as I got off the bed and made my way to the door.

"Ok. Though answer me this. Why do you play if you don't want anyone to hear? I can tell you play every day, but don't you think it's a waste to play in solitude?"

I stopped walking, as I let the words she spoke sink in. "You have no business to know why I do what I do. Like I said before, you don't know me and I'm know I don't know you. Don't get involved with strangers." I said simply but still with hints of seriousness in my voice

"Stranger? I wouldn't call us that. But if you want to call us that, then it's fine. Why don't I tell you a little about myself?"

I finally turned to look at her. She got up and pulled the chair she was sitting on and put it next to the window and stared out at it, as she let out a sigh and spoke.

"I was born on December 31 in South Vermont. I had a few good friends there but they were all a bunch of assholes, but I liked them. I have two older brothers, ones a hipster and the other is your average idiot both my parents are dead but I hardly knew them so it didn't phase me, so don't waste you time apologizing. I like many things but I also hate a lot of people, over all I live a pretty balanced life. The main reason why I want to start a band is because of this..." Hinata then pulled out an old looking, folded up picture. I watched as she slowly unfolded and gave a small and warm smile when she looked at the picture. She then showed it to me. The picture was of a young girl playing an old wasted guitar in the junkyard.

"That's one of my closest friends. I used to be a part of her band. But she got into an accident and now she's in a coma" I watched as her smile faded and her eyes turned darker.

I don't know way though I felt chills go down my spine as I continued to watch her.

Soon there was a loud silence. While all I could do was stare at her.