Chapter 61: Undercurrents

Olivia was startled when she saw the newcomer - it was Ethan Pearson, Stella's brother.

Few people knew that Megan and Mason Pearson had two other children, twins three years older than Stella. One was named Ethan, the other Emma.

Ethan had fallen ill in primary school and had mobility issues, often using a wheelchair.

Emma was as introverted as her twin brother and had been sent abroad for secondary school.

Mason and Megan rarely mentioned these two children. They felt ashamed of their son's disability and social awkwardness.

As for their daughter, a fortune teller had once said she brought bad luck and needed to stay abroad for ten years to break the curse.

In her previous life, Olivia had barely interacted with her cousin Ethan, but Emma Pearson's reputation preceded her!

Top hacker, genius pharmacist, and nationally renowned artist...

Emma had become the epitome of what many women aspired to be!

She had even saved the Pearson family from a crisis in Olivia's past life!

But Olivia knew a secret she'd overheard a month before her death in that timeline -

The twins were born after Megan Pearson had a drunken affair with her lover.

As the children grew older and started to resemble that man, Megan feared exposure. She had planned to send her son to her parents, but he was in a car accident.

Later, she secretly bribed the fortune teller to claim her daughter brought bad luck, so she could send her away.

Little did she expect that the daughter she'd practically abandoned would become so accomplished!

Now, Ethan's appearance drew everyone's attention away from Stella.

He looked at everyone and called out, "Dad, Mum."

Stella took the opportunity to slip away quietly.

Olivia watched Ethan come to the rescue, inwardly scoffing -

If Ethan knew the truth about his past, would he still be so eager to help the family?

And Emma always gave Olivia a strange feeling, as if that woman had stolen the life that should have been hers.

Olivia rubbed her temples, pushing away these odd thoughts.

She needed to go home, or Damien would be upset.

Just as she was about to find Jennifer to leave together, Daniel Stewart approached, saying, "Miss Carlson, I'm taking Jennifer home. She hasn't been back for six months, and our parents miss her."

Olivia looked at Jennifer.

The latter looked quite glum but nodded at her nonetheless.

Olivia knew that although Jennifer didn't want to go, Daniel probably had some leverage over her, leaving her no choice.

She felt sorry for her best friend but was powerless to help. She could only blow her a kiss goodbye.

Jennifer returned the gesture before being led away by Daniel Stewart.

Olivia left with Lily.

Ten minutes later, breaking news exploded online -

The country's youngest doctoral student had become the Medical Alliance's youngest A-grade pharmacist by upgrading anti-rejection drugs for organ transplants!