Mafia King//2//

I laughed and twisted my key in the key hole to my apartment. I was laughing because Rachel and I were making fun of fuck boys.

"But seriously!" Rachel laughed loudly. "He told me he didn't want to have sex cause he was afraid that he would pee when he saw my naked!"

I shook my head and leaned against the wall. Unable to hold in my dying laughter.

"That's why I will never go out with a nerd again!" Rachel said clutching her stomach.

I wiped away a fake tear and set my stuff down on the kitchen counter. "Thanks for the tip Rachel." I chuckled.

We both went silent when we heard a women laughing from inside Alec and I's room

I gave her a confused look and she shrugged. Giving her the signal to be quiet, I kept forward quietly and walked up to the closed door. I place my ear gently up to the piece of hard wood.

"Babe stop!" A girl giggled. "I told you not to touch me there."

"Cheating bastard." Rachel whispered from beside me.

Tears started to form in my eyes. She was right. Rachel had been right all along and I didn't believe her. This almost costed our friendship.

||~~~||FLASHBACK||~~~||
"He wouldn't do that to me!" I screamed at Rachel.

"Wake up Autie! The man is a fucking asshole and you need to stay away from him! He's going to hurt you!" She yelled back.

I glared at her. "Fine! Maybe he will! But I sure as hell hope you won't be in my life when he does!"

She took a step back in shock. You could literally see the hurt in her eyes. She sat down besides me and looked down at her lap.
"No. I won't let our friendship end just because we have different opinions."

I sighed and allowed myself to stop leaning away from her. "Yeahhh." I trailed out the word.

"Besides." she said nudging me and smiling. "You have to be my best friend until you die. You know entirely to much."

I gave her a weak smile because no matter how mad I am at her, I can never stay mad for long.
||~~~||FLASHBACK OVER||~~~||

I brushed the tears off my face, took a deep breath and barged in the door. Alec was laying on top of a girl.

They both looked up at me in surprise and I saw Alec gulp when he fully took in it was me.

He pushed the girl off of him and jumped out of the bed. he ran over to me a have me a bear hug.

I stood there helplessly looking at Rachel. Rachel glared at Alec, and kneed him right in the side of his thigh. My dad taught us how to do that. Its called an alligator bite.

He fell to the floor and released me at the same time. I took a step towards Rachel.

"Autie! I promise it's not what it looks likes!" Alec justified, getting up from the floor.

I didn't want to talk to him. I shook my head and ran out the door, daring my tears to go away.

~*~

(RYAN'S P.O.V.)

I sat back and my chair and laughed at Miles obvious attempt to cheat at poker.

"Come on Ryan, why don't you grab a few chips and join." Dean insisted while shuffling cards again.

I shook my head. "Nah, I let one of you guys win for once." I smirked.

"Shut up." Tyler protested. The others laughed.

I heard my phone ring from inside my back pocket. When I looked at the number it said unknown. "Hang on guys I gotta take this."

They all dismissed me with a wave of there hands and I took a step outside. "Hello?" I answered.

I heard whispering on the other end. It was a girls voice and it sounded familiar. "Shush! I'm calling him, I'm calling him." the person on the other end said.

"Hello?" I repeated more annoyed.

"Ryan? Ryan it's me!" The person said.

"Autumn? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I need you to come pick me up!" She yelled. It sounded like there was loud music coming from the background.

"Um, yeah sure. Where are you?" I asked. My concern was growing for her.

"Mash Club!" She shouted. "Ryan my head hurts." Her whining voice sounded small and scared.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be right there just wait outside." I told her before hanging up.

I shot a text to Miles, telling him I was going out to do something and that I may not be back tonight.

I jumped in my car and zoomed off towards the Mash Club.

~*~

I held on to her as she tripped on the curb. She giggled but then winced from the pain in her head.

She told me a summary of what was going on in the car and said that she didn't want to go back to her apartment. so she's staying with me for the night.

I held her by the waist to keep her steady. "Are you sure you don't want to go back to your apartment?" I whispered into her ear.

She buried her head in my shoulder and shook her head. "I don't want to go back there." she cried.

I didn't protest anymore. I would just give her my bed while I sleep on the couch.

When I let go of her to unlock the door to my apartment, she just fell to the ground and sat there.

When I dragged her inside and closed my door, I picked her up bridle style. She was lighter than I expected her to be. I carried her up the stairs and placed her in my bed.

She snuggled into the covers and breathed in heavily. "Thank you." she whispered.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Anytime kiddo." I was about to walk out the door she stopped me.

"Ryan wait!" She called. "I don't want to be alone." she buried her head in her hands and shivered.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Walking to the other side of the bed I climbed in. She instantly scooted closer to me and placed her head on my chest.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "I walked in and saw my boyfriend having sex with another girl." she whimpered.

I stroked her hair and place my free hand on her waist. "I'm so sorry Autumn."

She nodded. "And the worst part was," she started to sob. "she was so much prettier than me."

I pulled her back and glared at her. "No. No she wasn't your wrong." I declared.

"How do you know that! You didn't even see her!" She protested.

I pulled her back up to me so I was cradling her. "There is no way any girl in the world is prettier than you Autumn." I stated.

I was telling the full truth. Autumn was the most beautiful and breathtaking girl I've ever seen. I would be surprised if any man is lucky enough to have her. Her boyfriend is just a stupid jack ass for hurting her.

I felt her breathing steady and when I looked down at her I saw she was asleep. I kissed her forehead once more before silently getting up and walking downstairs to the couch.

~~

Hey everyone! Please check out my new book Alyssa's Journey! It is guaranteed to be my best book yet but is also a work in progress :) i hope you find the time to read the prologue.