7. the kiss

Kang Ha could make Ko Bitna's blood boil within seconds.

When they first met, the two couldn't stand each other. And what was up with him on Sunday morning? He got all up in her face, telling her how she obviously cared about her status more than avenging his brother, and then he just left.

She had even made extra breakfast for him, and the boy decided to be a dick.

Now I have to see him in school. Bitna could only sigh at the thought. She was always the first to arrive at school, well technically second because Nam Juwon always beat her to it, but coming in early meant she could study at the lounge in silence until the halls piled up with red and blue ties.

Oh, how she hated the hierarchy. Bitna would do anything if it meant getting every student to be equal, but unfortunately, she was not a Kim. She did not have the power to do anything of the sort, so her only option was to sit by and hope that someday things would change.

"Bitna," Jaei greeted her before sitting on the armchair, "You came in early today."

"I thought you were already accustomed to that, Jae," Bitna looked up from her book to smile at the girl, and Jaei gladly returned the gesture, "What brings you in so early?"

"I knew I'd find you here, and I have a few questions," Jaei picked up her iPad before continuing, "About the new scholarship student."

"I'm all ears," Bitna replied, "Although, I don't think I'll be of much help to you."

"Okay," Jaei nodded, "Is he planning something? You two seem to have talked before, at least I saw you both steal glances at each other when I looked back at you in class a couple of times."

"I don't know him," Bitna lied, "He's just sitting right next to me, so he usually asks me questions about the things teachers are saying. I suppose they don't learn the same things in ordinary schools, because Inhan was the exact same."

"Do you know why he kissed me?" Jaei asked.

"No clue," Bitna shrugged, "Yeji dared him to french kiss one of the girls at the party for three minutes, so I'm assuming he found you most attractive."

"That would explain it," Jaei nodded.

"Why?" Bitna asked, leaning closer to her, "Did you like it?"

"I would be lying if I said I didn't," Jaei smiled, "Plus, it's a good start to get Rian away from me."

"I don't know what's going on between you two, but you're going to have to sort it out sooner or later," Bitna told her, "He really loves you. Don't just throw that away like it's nothing."

"You're interesting, Ko Bitna," Jaei smirked, "Defending the boy who started despising you as soon as he found out you were adopted is not something most would do."