11. truth be told

Ko Bitna had no choice but to wear a dress for the evening. Knowing her parents wouldn't dress too fancy, the girl opted for a minimalistic look.

A basic satin midi dress paired with YSL heels and a matching bag. She knew her eyes looked best with a smoky eye look and kept the lipstick neutral, just like the blush on her cheeks and nose.

Overall, she was effortlessly stunning, as always.

"You ready?" her father asked her, a big smile dancing on his lips.

"You're asking me like we're going into a warzone, dad," Bitna chuckled, "But yes, I am ready."

"Actually, Bitna," her mother called as the girl started walking towards her father's car, "We're not taking any of our cars tonight. We will also come in late, with Jaeyul's leader and his family, so we will take a luxury limousine."

"Who are we impressing?" Bitna asked. She knew there was something going on with one of the families that were going to attend because there was no way her parents would use a limousine to arrive at such an insignificant event.

"The owner of Jooshin terminated the contract she had with your mother's law firm," her dad explained, "We are thinking of suing her."

"When was this?" Bitna looked at her mother.

"About a week ago," her mother sighed, "Why are you asking?"

"Her son is not the most perfect person in the world, you know," Bitna smirked. All of her pieces were starting to slowly form a beautiful puzzle, one only she could complete, "Give me ten days, I'll find you things that you might be interested in."

"Isn't Kim Rian your friend?" her father asked, completely confused as to why she'd be willing to help them.

"Remember that night I came home looking like someone raped me? It was a little over three months ago, if I'm not mistaken," Bitna saw the horror on her parents' faces when she reminded them of the sight, "Don't worry, he isn't the one who did it. But, he was there that night, and he was the one who caught it all on camera."

"You're joking, right?" her dad was fuming with anger.

"Calm down," Bitna chuckled, "I'd already killed him if it were such a big deal. They had drugs at that party, and he was the one who got them. It would usually be Yunseok, but Rian wanted to be the one to get them for Woojin's birthday party."

"So, Yunho," her mother turned to her younger brother, "You still want to go to Jooshin?"

"Will you let me kill them?" Yunho asked, an innocent smile forming into a menacing grin, "If yes, then of course. If not, I'll still go."

"Also, that night someone leaked my birth certificate because the principal is stealing all information from the students' phones," Bitna saw the fear in her mother's eyes when she said, "That's why I always keep my phone off while I'm in school. Anyway, Rian resents me now because I'm adopted, so that's just one more reason for me to crush him to pieces."

"There is a possibility that we lose, though. You have to be aware of that." Bitna's father opened the door of the limousine for her mother, while Yunho opened the other door for her.

"With the things I'll have in less than two weeks, it's more likely they'll need you as a lawyer before you even sue them."